PDA

View Full Version : New bus required

Lambroast
6th May 2015, 05:45 PM
Hi all,

Well it's that time again.... Car shopping time :)

Due to an unfortunate meeting with a landcruiser ute, my patrol has gone to the land of the dearly departed.. :(

So I'm thinking its time to upgrade (?) to a GU... I'm on the hunt for something after about 2008.... The usual shopping list... Lift, barwork, etc...

Just wondering if I still need to worry about NADS, and how to actually see whether the underbonnet stuff has been done.
I've looked a a couple of vehicles in car yards and frankly... buggered if I know :)

So if anyone knows of any hot deals then let me know ;) I'm in Perth, but the car doesn't necesarily have to be.

P.S. Anyone interested in a slightly secondhand '92 TB42E Ti for parts... or repair let me know.

Cheers and have a nice day all..

Simon

4bye4
6th May 2015, 05:48 PM
Hopefully the Landcruiser came off second best.

Lambroast
6th May 2015, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately it did bugger all damage to it :(

Hopefully the Landcruiser came off second best.

4bye4
6th May 2015, 05:57 PM
Not supposed to work like that. If you are going after 2005 GU4 you shouldn't have to worry about NADS. If you get a 2008 as you plan then you don't need NADS. Take the normal precautions and get history if you can. Be aware that when advertised 'never been off road" it might have been towing a van or camper round Australia. Depending on how it was driven and looked after this might be OK or maybe not. All the best with your purchase.

NissanGQ4.2
6th May 2015, 06:30 PM
Bummer :(

I would be interested in the cluster surround if you part it out also possible the mirrors if there electric and dependent on how much it would cost to post to Sydney

growler2058
6th May 2015, 07:15 PM
Ive not worried about nads but do use a scan gauge

Clunk
6th May 2015, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your GQ mate.......... I've sent you a PM too.

kevin07
7th May 2015, 01:31 AM

I would be interested in the cluster surround if you part it out also possible the mirrors if there electric and dependent on how much it would cost to post to Sydney

ah todd what about the interior im sure you could use some of that.

Winnie
7th May 2015, 07:40 AM
Hi all,

Well it's that time again.... Car shopping time :)

Due to an unfortunate meeting with a landcruiser ute, my patrol has gone to the land of the dearly departed.. :(

So I'm thinking its time to upgrade (?) to a GU... I'm on the hunt for something after about 2008.... The usual shopping list... Lift, barwork, etc...

Just wondering if I still need to worry about NADS, and how to actually see whether the underbonnet stuff has been done.
I've looked a a couple of vehicles in car yards and frankly... buggered if I know :)

So if anyone knows of any hot deals then let me know ;) I'm in Perth, but the car doesn't necesarily have to be.

P.S. Anyone interested in a slightly secondhand '92 TB42E Ti for parts... or repair let me know.

Cheers and have a nice day all..

Simon
I would buy the front brake calipers

Lambroast
7th May 2015, 03:51 PM
Is that for reading error codes ?

Ive not worried about nads but do use a scan gauge

Rock Trol
7th May 2015, 04:15 PM
Is that for reading error codes ?

It does that (error codes - read and clear) but much more as well. It displays info that the ECU uses such as boost, water temp, alternator output, fuel usage, power output, engine revs. You can view any 4 at one time. I also works as a trip computer if you want to calibrate it.

Best $200 I spent on the car.

Lambroast
9th May 2015, 10:34 AM
Thanks all great info :)

The hunt is on... Quite a variety out there.
How do the 3L ' s go for 'driveable power' ? I'll be towing a smallish camper trailer when on my trips..

Dare I say it, but there are some other makes out there that I'm considering too...
Petrol Vs Diesel too.
Do I really need to spend more $ at the bowser and more $ on servicing ?

Cheer
Simon.

It does that (error codes - read and clear) but much more as well. It displays info that the ECU uses such as boost, water temp, alternator output, fuel usage, power output, engine revs. You can view any 4 at one time. I also works as a trip computer if you want to calibrate it.

Best $200 I spent on the car.

4bye4
9th May 2015, 10:42 AM
Thanks all great info :)

The hunt is on... Quite a variety out there.
How do the 3L ' s go for 'driveable power' ? I'll be towing a smallish camper trailer when on my trips..

Dare I say it, but there are some other makes out there that I'm considering too...
Petrol Vs Diesel too.
Do I really need to spend more $ at the bowser and more $ on servicing ?

Cheer
Simon.

This is my 3L with camping, not camper trailer and roof rack. Inside is seats down and full of gear. I average about 13.1 l/100k. These photos on the way to Esperance.
57864 57865

Lambroast
21st May 2015, 11:47 PM
Ok so tommorow is decision day. New wheels or fix up mine.

If anyone is interested in a fixer - upperer please PM me.
Its got some front end damage.. all cosmetic. Shell is pretty good- no major rust. Driveline good- rebuilt the auto about 15k ago. Strong EFI motor. Velour interior in excellent condition. Door trims a bit worse for wear. . Mickey thompson ATZ's about 2 yo with no more than 10k on them.

Gimme a yell if you're interested and I can flick some photos through.

Cheers all.
Simon.

kevin07
22nd May 2015, 08:07 AM

there ya go todd go over take a hammer with you and drive it home if your quick I could get you a train ticket over there for the end of june.

threedogs
22nd May 2015, 10:14 AM
I think you'll find plenty of power for towing smaller camper trailer and vans.
Especially after 100kph there is still power to overtake,,, well my Di does .
$20k will see you in a well set up GU with the 4.2 TD like Billy just brought
A 4.8 petrol Will have power to burn, but thirsty.

BEWARE the flood damaged patrols to,,, if it seem to good to be true it probaly is

Lambroast
25th May 2015, 12:01 AM
Ok... Think I've found a good 08 ST. Body good. Interior good.
Anything I need to beware of or check out mechanically ?
Going for a test drive tommorow.

Cheers all.

Simon.

Clunk
26th May 2015, 02:06 AM
How'd the test drive go Simon?

There'sa member of the WPC, goes by the name of Howezit who has a 2009 GU for sale, got all the required bits n pieces done and more. He's also on here but doesn't come on too often. Ive left a message for him to come on and introduce himself

howezit
26th May 2015, 10:38 AM
Hi Simon,
I have a 2009 GU for sale with all you could want on it.
PM me if you want more details (or to negotiate ;) )
Rather than repeat it all here, this is the link to the carsales ad.
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Patrol-2009/SSE-AD-3401941
Cheers
Graham

Lambroast
29th May 2015, 12:47 AM
Thanks guys. Graeme yours looks the goods, but a little too many $ than I want to spend.. :(

The one I looked at was not too bad. Exterior and mechanicals ok, interior a little bit sad, but overall a nice bus. Drove well.
Long story short... Dealers.... hmm.....Some you just can't trust....

Still got the GQ... Still in 2 minds what to do with it..

Simon..

Lambroast
8th June 2015, 09:56 PM
Ok.. Out to the public for opinion. Is this a good buy ?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/highgate/cars-vans-utes/2009-nissan-patrol-wagon-st-4x4-man-110per-week/1079269287

The GQ is gone 😓 and I'm Patrol less 😨😨
I'm hoping this will fill the void :)

Cheers
Simon..

Clunk
9th June 2015, 01:57 AM
It appears to be quite cheap compared to ones of the same age