PDA

View Full Version : Steering sloppy and wandering

luvpsi
6th May 2015, 01:16 PM
Hi fellas I have searched and searched and tried all different things mentioned in other posts. I have a gu 1 ute. I have a bit of steering play and sometimes the ute like to wander on the road and when trying to correct it it sometimes feels like I'm not correcting it at all. The steering has a little slop in it so I got the mrs to rock the steering looking for a sloppy point however everything seems normal however I have noticed the draglink is ever so slightly bent could this be my cause or am I looking for something else? It does need a wheel alignment as it pulls to left a little however I'm not gonna do this til I have rectified this problem and got new tyres any thoughts

nissannewby
6th May 2015, 01:22 PM
Doesnt take much of a bend to cause issues like you describe.

luvpsi
6th May 2015, 01:28 PM
Ok cool I might change the dampner as well as its a tough rtc which is useless

nissannewby
6th May 2015, 01:34 PM
Grab yourself a good lever and just double check your panhard bushes and radius arm bushes. Also check the bolt tension on these as well.

luvpsi
6th May 2015, 01:39 PM
Ok will do cheers

luvpsi
6th May 2015, 04:07 PM
ok so i got a small crow bar and checked my bushes. pan hard seems fine however the passenger side radius arm the castor bushes are flogged to say the least. the arm was over to one side of where it bolts up to so i got the bar and was able to centre it again so I'm assuming the bush is stuffed. i also found a power steering fluid leak on the passenger side of the radiator not sure if this will be contributing to the slop etc?

my third 256
7th May 2015, 08:22 AM
hi also on the steering box is a screw and lock nut to tighten up the slack

luvpsi
8th May 2015, 06:37 PM
no worries ill hit that up also