PDA

View Full Version : ti automatic wiring diagram

nicksamaniac
5th May 2015, 08:39 AM
Hi guys, just chasing a wiring diagram to suit a ti wagon auto.
I got a auto conversion, but the guy I bought it from wouldnt sell me the harness, even though he was wrecking the whole thing?
He gave me the plugs from either end of the main body harness where the auto bits tie into it, but I cant find a diagram that suits the wire color's I have.
I have the tcu, shifter, box, plug ends from the main harness, just need a diagram to be able to fabricate a harness to tie it all together?

threedogs
5th May 2015, 09:28 AM
Try killa kustom Kables they will have one ,or make you one

nicksamaniac
5th May 2015, 02:21 PM
Thanks pal, I'll look them up.

nicksamaniac
1st June 2015, 09:49 AM
Anybody else have any ideas, or a copy of a wiring diagram?
Still chasing 1.

threedogs
1st June 2015, 10:32 AM
Google Ti Patrol wiring diagram plenty to choose from

jff45
1st June 2015, 12:25 PM
The electronic service manual has it. Should be able to find it online.
If no luck, PM me an email and I'll have a look tomorrow morning at what I have.

Ok, just tried it. Google "TB45E EL.PDF grosjean' and it pops up top of the list.

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 03:06 PM
I found that, but unless im missing it I cant find a schematic for the auto?

I did find info relating to it, indication, can connection etc, but no actual diagram for the auto itself?

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 03:07 PM
I even searched a/t and looked through the whole 700 odd pages?
But no a/t specific diagram :(

jff45
2nd June 2015, 03:58 PM
Are you saying you have no harness from the engine down to and into the trans?

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 04:09 PM
Yep, exactly.
I bought a whole conversion, less the harness.

I have, box, convertor, flex plate, console, shifter, brake pedal, pedal box, tcu and a few other bits.
I have the plug ends from said harness but need a diagram to fabricate a harness?
And I can't even just join the colors as they're different/change from one end to the other? If that makes sense.

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 04:12 PM
The guy I bought it from wouldn't sell me it as he wanted to use it for the electric windows, so he cut the plugs off it!
I was pretty upset when I drove 350km to pick up the whole package and be given some plugs!
Thats what ya get for dealing with a teenager via fb I spose.....

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 04:30 PM
Sorry, I just read your question again,
Just to put some light on it, I'm fitting this auto into my rb30det gq wagon.
Yes I'm aware that these never where fitted with autos.........
BUT.... im quiet the tinkering type!

I have a nissan stagea, it was auto, but is now a 5 speed manual.
And After alot (I mean alot) of reading, research, and picture googling, I decided to buy a box, measure it, and see if my stagea re4r03a bell housing would fit a patrol re4r03a box mid section, so I bought a cheap auto box, pulled things apart, put things together, took measurements.
And yes it does fit, happy days.

So the search started for all the bits I need, found a guy on fb patrol page wrecking a whole car, bought the whole auto setup (apart from the harness)
And now im here asking about diagrams haha...

Tb42 auto

C34 stagea auto, attessa 4wd same as a gtr.

And the patrol box with RB bell housing.
Going to use a rb flex plate, obviously to suit the engine and the tb42 converter on that to fit the input on the box, also just yo try the standard stall speed and see how it drives?
As you can tell its all r&d for me at this stage!

jff45
2nd June 2015, 04:31 PM
So was the trans oil pan removed and the plugs also removed from inside the trans?

I actually have a spare harness here but the plastic plug that goes into the trans has the locking fingers broken. It could be Sikaflexed in. That was how it was done by the trans shop who rebuild the box before I dismantled it to beef it up.
I didn't put it back into the box I just rebuilt because I know I have a better one in the trans I'm currently using.
I'll take a pic tomorrow.

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 04:43 PM
Notice how the mid sections on both look similar, both Being labeled as jatco/nissan re4r03a autos.
Nissan, luckily for me, used this box in about a zillion different cars!
So I noticed the oil pump bolt patterns looked the same, thats what led me to start this project.
This the tb42 housing

And this is the rb25 stagea housing.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd June 2015, 04:46 PM
Click on the image to in large.

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 04:47 PM
I have the complete harness on the trans itself, plugs included.
I also have the plugs from the main body harness with about 6 inches of tail wire, so I have the tcu and plugs with some wire, and the connection to the box plugs with some wire, ive got wire colors at both ends but no idea what joins to what!

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 04:48 PM
Thanks pal, I actually have that one!
But it doesn't match my colors and has a different number of wires.

jff45
2nd June 2015, 04:49 PM
This is what I have..

NissanGQ4.2
2nd June 2015, 04:51 PM
If you can't read the diagram its in the GQ manual on this forum which you can download now

If its the same manual as mine ( should be ) its page 63 in the AT section

jff45
2nd June 2015, 04:51 PM
Sorry, posted pic before I saw your reply

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 05:03 PM
Haha no worries, i just went and took a photo of what i have

jff45
2nd June 2015, 05:14 PM
Mate, I've just realised that you're posting this in the GQ section and it's a TB42.
I wrongly assumed TB45E when I saw Ti in the subject, so apologies for misdirecting you.

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 05:23 PM
ah ok!
that's no dramas, ive read a lot saying they are nearly all the same any how? bar a few wire colours and options.
and so the search for info continues....

threedogs
2nd June 2015, 05:33 PM
Haha no worries, i just went and took a photo of what i have

is that a heap of scotch locks ??

jff45
2nd June 2015, 05:38 PM
Take Todd's advice and grab a copy of the GQ manual from this forum. It should have all the info you need.
The TB45E TCU is more closely connected with the ECU. For example, the ECU will retard timing between shift changes.
I'd like to find a TB42 TCU for my TD42T conversion because I doubt the TB45 TCU will work without the ECU.

jff45
2nd June 2015, 05:42 PM
is that a heap of scotch locks ??

LOL, do you mean that big brown scotchlok joining 6 wires together?

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 05:49 PM
so if I have over 25 posts, can I be eligible to download workshop manuals?
im thinking what im looking for may be in the gq factory manual, possibly?

who do I ask about this?, ive just tried to download but the link takes me to a blank page and then does nothing...
im probably doing it wrong!

edit! it was just loading up really slow....... like my brain hahaha...

ive got it saved now.

scotch locks are the best......... said no one ever!!!!

no they are not scotch locks, they are the factory weather proof plugs, quiet good plugs really- I think.
not as good as deutsch plugs imo, but at least these cant be mixed up when connecting.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd June 2015, 06:15 PM
so if I have over 25 posts, can I be eligible to download workshop manuals?
im thinking what im looking for may be in the gq factory manual, possibly?

who do I ask about this?, ive just tried to download but the link takes me to a blank page and then does nothing...
im probably doing it wrong!

Yep you should be good 2 download manuals now, it should be in both the manuals listed.

open the first link in the manual tread, then click on the link in the first post, if you have a white page its probably still downloading as its a rather large file

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 06:26 PM
yeah mine is running an Apexi power fc, so the only connections it will have is throttle position, idle switch and rpm.
hopefully fingers crossed it will work as I intend it.

jff45
2nd June 2015, 06:36 PM
no they are not scotch locks, they are the factory weather proof plugs, quiet good plugs really- I think.
not as good as deutsch plugs imo, but at least these cant be mixed up when connecting.

I have the full Deutsch plug variety box with the crimper for these kinds of projects. You won't mix the connectors if you get in the habit of using different coloured heat shrink bands for plugs which are close. If you have several, just shrink small sections of different coloured heat shrink in the same sequence, bit like the coloured bands on resistors.

nicksamaniac
2nd June 2015, 07:02 PM
Yeah I use dt plugs for everything, so easy and so reliable, and can be removed, modified put back together, genius invention as far as reusable electrical stuff goes.

nicksamaniac
10th April 2016, 05:13 PM
update guys, had huge delays on my behalf doing the conversion.

i put my projects aside to finish study i was undertaking.

but as of now, box is in, mechanically all fitting extremely well into place, drives ok without the tcu connected to ensure the box itself was functioning in limp mode.
tcu will be connected/wired up next few days that i get time.

so far so good, even with omly 2 gears, its awesomely smooth to drive!
cant wait to drive it full auto and crawl about...

updates to come.

nicksamaniac
12th April 2016, 07:20 PM
Update.
Wired the tcu today, drives as standard.
Pros are-
Nice to drive,
Changing gears as per stock setup so its good to know its all working well.
Cons-
Stall is to slow to suit my rb30det,
Not sure lockup in 4th is working?
Gear changes are forced at 4200rpm as per the tcu settings (seeing its to suit tb42)

I'll wire up a manual converter lockup button tomorrow with brake pedal drop out.
Im going to also try a r33 skyline tcu before i go to far development wise with the auto box itself, shift kit/stall etc.