PDA

View Full Version : Home Security Systems

jack
1st May 2015, 11:22 AM
Hi forumites,

Not Patrol related but that's never stopped anyone from starting a new thread.

Looking at updating our home security system and looking for recommendations. Not after a return to base, just something with cameras and an alarm - able to be remotely monitored via internet would be good.
Relatives were robbed yesterday morning and within 30 mins it was amazing what they stole, even all the spare car keys and a car to take it all away. Lived in what I'd consider a safe area and you'd expect someone to see something between 7 to 7:30am. We've got a massive meth issue in this town, 90% of the crime is drug related and not getting any better.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

4bye4
1st May 2015, 12:42 PM
I think these are as good as any www.swannstore.com.au But having said that I must say we don't have it at home, mainly because two nearby houses have a security system and when it goes off nobody gives a **>>^. Only attention it ever gets is when someone complains about the noise. I have seen police and city patrols cars drive right by without even looking out the window.
I have a monitored system on my shop which is in a similar area with crime, and drug related break and enters don't give a hoot either. They know security and police will take a time to get there so they just grab and run or drive away and the alarms and noise doesn't phase them a bit.
Sorry to hear about your relatives and hope you recover at least some of the stuff.