PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, can't remember if I introduced myself & my vehicle so here goes.

Mr-T
1st May 2015, 10:21 AM
I don't post much, mostly looking.
My name is Bernie and I am over 50, living on the Sunshine Coast.

My vehicle is a polar white 1996 GQ Patrol 30th Anniversary model with 4.2 Diesel non Turbo, 5 speed manual, with snorkel, long range tank, rear draw system on a false floor that goes right up to the front 2 seats. I removed the passenger seats and placed a cargo barrier behind the front 2 seats to protect me and my offsider. A home made center console sits over the interior light and screws into the mirror base. A UHF radio fitted, LED light and storage pocket complete the console. Other radios fitted are a Codan HF with auto-tune antenna for my long trips away either touring or on a work trip, also a second UHF as well as my Ham Radio.
I have dual batteries with solar input as well, cruse control, side steps, roof rack with Fox-wing awning, bull bar with a Warn M8274 high Mount winch that I rebuilt costing me almost $1000 but it's a top winch that I have had on several 4wd's since the 1980's.
The vehicle was raised 5 inches back in 2002 with extended Panhard rods, breathers, Pro-comp shocks but no Body Blocks, it's all suspension.
I run Maxxis MT-762's at the moment and they have been great in the mud and most surfaces but now are noisy after a lot of ware.
I am a 4wd & Defensive driving instructor and do training mostly for Mining and other similar industries, so I enjoy my job but it's been a lot quieter since the mining slow down.
I love fishing and 4 wheel driving, and of course my radio interest as well.

Cheers all, see you on a track some time or fishing.

4bye4
1st May 2015, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. Sounds like some interesting mods.

growler2058
1st May 2015, 12:04 PM
G'day Bernie welcome aboard mate

threedogs
1st May 2015, 12:05 PM
Hello Bernie and welcome to the forum, enjoy

Patto
1st May 2015, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sherro
1st May 2015, 06:30 PM
G'day Bernie welcome to the forum mate.

AB
1st May 2015, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Clunk
1st May 2015, 07:44 PM
Welcome aboard Bernie

Dhuck
1st May 2015, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
2nd May 2015, 06:53 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

mrnic
2nd May 2015, 08:38 AM
welcome mate

SonOf
2nd May 2015, 12:03 PM
Hi Bernie and welcome to the forum mate.