PDA

View Full Version : I finally achieved Patroldom...

SpecialDave
29th April 2015, 12:45 PM
SO hey,

Introducing myself.... Dave from out Greensborough way.

I own a 1000CC Vtwin Superbike so getting a sportscar for my midlife crisis (turn 40 in dec) was always out of the question, instead i gave my wife the original go most places fishing car - my 2008 Xtrail which has done 160k k's but is great for the teenager and infant from a safety, comfort and space perspective..

Given I've always wanted a real 4wd, that there are a myriad of small streams i'd love to explore with my fly rod that are very inaccessible, and that if you dont own a ute in the nth eastern suburbs you must own a large 4x4, i felt it was time to start that chapter of my life....

So Via a very good friend of mine who happens to be a car dealer I am now the very proud owner of an Auto 02 GU series III that has done a lowly 157K kms, has an old man emu 3" lift, factory winch ready bb, CB installed, Electric tow brake installed, dual batteries, full roof tray, dual fuel, full blue tooth etc head unit, snorkel. running 33"

I have had her for just over a week and already via this forum have rectified the flickering light / door open indicator by simply using a lug nut bar to angle the large barn door latch at the bottom slightly... that being said small door still has a little bit of a rattle and occasional flicker so need to space that out, interim was to disconnect the switch on the door...

Yesterday installed a reverse cam and again i placed it on a spot that someone on this forum had discussed (far corner or door handle cover unit) and it plugs straight into my gps... I'm now thinking about being clever and adding in an override activation switch - I'll put a did in the line so the reverse light connection will be maintained but not triggered when an override activates the cam separately!

I'm looking at a draw system, spots and light bar, awning, winch and recovery points, custom building some dash components and adding a few gauges, new alarm system, under carriage plates and protection, maybe some sliders, and probably a whole heap of things i haven't considered yet..

So thanks so far for the advice!

DG x

AB
29th April 2015, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

4bye4
29th April 2015, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the forum DG

threedogs
29th April 2015, 03:07 PM
Hello and welcome a few fisho's here, enjoy your stay

JoeG
29th April 2015, 03:49 PM
Hi Dave
you have made a good start
Good luck with the extras
Joe

Patto
29th April 2015, 04:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
29th April 2015, 05:15 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard

MEGOMONSTER
29th April 2015, 06:40 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dhuck
29th April 2015, 08:01 PM

LaughingBeagles
29th April 2015, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the Forum mate.

mrnic
30th April 2015, 04:38 PM
welcome mate

Clunk
30th April 2015, 07:14 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

Sherro
30th April 2015, 08:02 PM
G'day Dave welcome to the forum mate.

SonOf
1st May 2015, 10:19 AM

SpecialDave
4th May 2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome.... whole lotta good people on here is obvious!
About to go grab my lightbar courtesy of Paul (LEDLIGHTCO) - will do compulsory before after picks within vendor post ;)