PDA

View Full Version : Doors not closed

Mrs Ronnieh
26th April 2015, 08:47 PM
Hi all
I have a problem with the door light in dash- flickers on and off and shows there is a door open.??. Also Fuel gauge is getting to half and staying there when ignition is turned off.

Help or thoughts please

Thanks
Mrs Ronnieh

Hodge
26th April 2015, 08:52 PM
Hi there. I'm willing to bet your door light issue is the large rear barn door. Pretty common issue.
I fixed mine by simply disconnecting the wire inside the door.

Sorry cannot comment on the fuel gauge problem.

happygu
26th April 2015, 08:53 PM
Door open light flicking on and off is generally the rear door switch.

There is one on the small door, which you can space out with washers to help make sure that it keeps good contact, but there is also a hidden switch in the big door.

Try the small one first.

The fuel gauge sounds like a bad earth ... you may need to run another earth from the chassis to the body underneath...

4bye4
26th April 2015, 08:58 PM
With the door light - check the rubber boot over the switch on each door. I had one with a split in it and that was causing the same thing. Mudski has them I think.

Clunk
27th April 2015, 09:35 PM
If its a gq there is no light switch on the rear barn doors. .... well theres not on my two anyway. Most likely cause as already stated are the little rubber boots are split. The fuel gauge should read what ever amount is in your tank, whether ignition is on or off

Winnie
27th April 2015, 09:37 PM
If its a gq there is no light switch on the rear barn doors. .... well theres not on my two anyway. Most likely cause as already stated are the little rubber boots are split. The fuel gauge should read what ever amount is in your tank, whether ignition is on or off

Yep, no light switch and the fuel gauge works when ignition off...