PDA

View Full Version : newbie with new patrol

JSanders
26th April 2015, 08:10 PM
Hi all, Quick intro. Have an 08 Patrol CRD (cab chassis with service body courtesy of SA Power) Had it for 3 months (165000km on clock). Have had boost hose come off, developed exhaust manifold leak (how hard are they to change? have quote from Nissan $2200 including new manifold) now oil light comes on (thought they fixed that in 07). About to do the EGR block, scangauge and pyro, anything else guys?. Not real impressed yet!! Had an old GQ 4.2 diesel that towed a 26 foot van for ever and could not kill it! Cheers Jerry

growler2058
26th April 2015, 08:20 PM
Gday Jerry welcome aboard mate

4bye4
26th April 2015, 08:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

SonOf
26th April 2015, 09:59 PM
Welcome mate, sure once you iron out the bugs from a hard power company life it will be a great rig

Stropp
26th April 2015, 10:11 PM
Hi jerry welcome to the forum, check the oil pressure switch on the block is not had it as its a common problem, the manifold I would machine.

Dhuck
27th April 2015, 07:32 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
27th April 2015, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

threedogs
27th April 2015, 10:02 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, First I'd be fitting a boost and EGT gauge so you can monitor any mods you do.
Blowing off the hose is common as is the oil light, mine it too just stop and re start the moroe it should go away.
You can get the manifold skimmed at a machine shop. Fit gauges first though

kevin07
27th April 2015, 10:23 AM
Hi all, Quick intro. Have an 08 Patrol CRD (cab chassis with service body courtesy of SA Power) Had it for 3 months (165000km on clock). Have had boost hose come off, developed exhaust manifold leak (how hard are they to change? have quote from Nissan $2200 including new manifold) now oil light comes on (thought they fixed that in 07). About to do the EGR block, scangauge and pyro, anything else guys?. Not real impressed yet!! Had an old GQ 4.2 diesel that towed a 26 foot van for ever and could not kill it! Cheers Jerry

just had my manifold done wont need replacing needs to be machined and change all the studs as they stretch $1650 Liverpool Nissan including a new egr pipe as it had split. have checked your oil as mine had massive blow by with the manifold gasket causing it to blow back into the motor. definitely block the egr, get a pyro gauge and a ultragauge or scangauge they read boost anyway, and a provent catch can and 2.75 exhaust and you will be impressed. 1 last thing are you towing this 26 footer around and if so how heavy is it. and the hose these clamps stretch as well need retightening

MEGOMONSTER
27th April 2015, 06:53 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

JoeG
27th April 2015, 07:06 PM
Hi Jerry
Hope you get the oil swithch and manifold sorted soon
Should be reliable after that
Good luck and happy searching
Joe

Rock Trol
27th April 2015, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. I had the manifold skimmed, new studs including removing a broken stud as well as a major service done on the vehicle (all fluids changed - radiator, engine, gearbox, transfer case, brakes) for $2000. Not at a Nissan Stealership though.

The CRD's run higher temps in the exhaust and this is why they tend to warp exhaust manifolds. I put a 3 inch exhaust on mine and it runs cooler so hopefully this will stop the warping. I use a scangauge to monitor engine temp and the car runs cooler but also cools down quicker when I idle it.

Google scangauge and get one. It will tell you engine temp, boost/MAP, alternator output etc. You can also read and clear engine codes. Best $200 you can spend. Can also move it to other cars as it just plugs into the diagnostic port and is universal on later model cars thanks to US Govt mandate.

mrnic
27th April 2015, 10:02 PM
welcome mate

Sherro
28th April 2015, 08:12 PM
G'day Jerry welcome to the forum mate.

Patto
29th April 2015, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
30th April 2015, 07:17 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard