PDA

View Full Version : Get ready for one last big trip or SELL?

JetD72
26th April 2015, 11:43 AM
Hi guys (and gals)

A few years ago you guys here on the forum have really helped me out. Thanks to you my beautiful MK is still going strong! (although not used enough).

I am contemplating one last big trip with her - Simpson Desert! If I don't do something like that, I think I might want to sell her.

Anyway - some things that NEEDS FIXED above anything else:
- something is ratling a lot and I am getting so much dust in. I think it is the side (sliding) windows that are rattling. The frames are entirely rusted so I am not touching it at all. Can I do something to have it stop rattling? (tape). If no good idea: I wouldn't mind have them replaced with non-sliding ones if at all possible. Can someone point me in the right direction? Who can I go to to help me with this - which workshop does sealing of windows and doors for example? I really have no clue where to go - and I know that most of you would do this yourself, but I can't
- so the next thing would be sealing the back glass window (the opening one) and door better. I am litteraly eating dust on gravel. It's too much, not healthy.
- Another one (for now): where can I can new rubber for around the gear stick? It's broken so in addition to getting dust in, I also get a lot of fumes in!
- And the last question: I had to replace the rear window glass 2 years ago because it shattered. I got one from the wreckers and had a friend put it in. But now I don't have a lock on it, not even just the click system to hold it in place, because it comes with the handle and there was none on there. Where can I get a proper lock fit on it?

I hope someone can help me. I am just after some addresses of where I could go (reasonably priced). Brisbane area.

For me this is a matter of: if I can't get these things done, there is no point for me in keeping the car. But.....this car is very precious to me and has brought me all around Australia. I am not ready to let her go and would love to do that one big last trip I've always wanted.

cheers,
Jet

BigRAWesty
26th April 2015, 11:51 AM
Well I'm my eyes you have a dilemma.
And to me it would are you passionate enough to restore and treasure, and can you afford it?
If not then as sad as it'll be, sell and move on.

threedogs
26th April 2015, 12:35 PM
Foam could stop your rattles and some masking tape and silicon could seal up loose gaps , depending where they are.
Rust is never good, for the sake of one last trip patch it the best you can then retire it to the big Patrol paddock in the sky lol