PDA

View Full Version : Legs are too long.

wonder
23rd April 2015, 05:33 PM
I just purchased the new Patrol I have spoken about earlier however, is there anywhere I can get the drivers seat extended backwards a few inches as I'm 6'4" and I'm a little cramped. On a long trip it might be a little uncomfortable. Other than that it"s a great machine and I'm very happy with it.

Regards All,
Wonder.

MEGOMONSTER
23rd April 2015, 07:49 PM
I have the same problem, 6'4" and feel a little cramped. Everyone refuses to do anything because airbags and engineering.

Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Hodge
23rd April 2015, 08:02 PM
But who cares about being cramped in your car Mego as you have THE seats.

lucus30
23rd April 2015, 09:45 PM
I'm 6"3 I don't have too much of a problem. I feel more cramped in the passenger seat than driving though

wonder
23rd April 2015, 09:49 PM
Thanks mate, I always thought being tall was advantage, but it seems only in sport.

MEGOMONSTER
23rd April 2015, 10:37 PM
I'm 6"3 I don't have too much of a problem. I feel more cramped in the passenger seat than driving though

I'm the same. Passenger side seems smaller.

threedogs
24th April 2015, 07:33 AM
Hello and welcome, not much you can do with your OE seat ,but aftermarket seats have three seating positions
you can bolt the frame to the seat, check out the Strato range I have the LT3000 series ATM. plenty of scope for adjustment too.
Plus no engineering involved as they are already ADR approved

Sherro
26th April 2015, 04:36 PM
G'day mate welcome to the forum.

4bye4
26th April 2015, 04:42 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

kevin07
26th April 2015, 11:24 PM
I just purchased the new Patrol I have spoken about earlier however, is there anywhere I can get the drivers seat extended backwards a few inches as I'm 6'4" and I'm a little cramped. On a long trip it might be a little uncomfortable. Other than that it"s a great machine and I'm very happy with it.

Regards All,
Wonder.

I have the solution for all you tallies. go buy a y62 they have plenty more room and if you start feeling a little cramped, after a while slam that pedal to the floor and you will get an extra couple of inches by way of getting sucked back into the seat. kev

Clunk
30th August 2015, 06:14 PM
G'day mate, welcome to the forum

growler2058
30th August 2015, 06:48 PM
Gday welcome aboard mate. Gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Bigcol
30th August 2015, 07:24 PM
welcome,
as Threedogs said, unless you change them to aftermarket, you will have problems

you will anyway, as I get the odd "twinge" in my back on long distances

Rock Trol
30th August 2015, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the forum wonder. I am 6'3" and find it cramped as well.
Are you using any thick seat covers such as sheep skin??? I had a set of sheep skin covers and it felt really cramped. Left knee started playing up as I was sitting high in the seat and had to angle my clutch leg around the steering wheel. I have since removed them and the knee has come good again (no longer thinking of auto).

Dhuck
30th August 2015, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

blocko05
30th August 2015, 10:51 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum mate

Bloodyaussie
31st August 2015, 08:42 AM
Welcome aboard mate..................

mudski
1st September 2015, 01:54 PM
I have the solution for all you tallies. go buy a y62 they have plenty more room and if you start feeling a little cramped, after a while slam that pedal to the floor and you will get an extra couple of inches by way of getting sucked back into the seat. kev
Yeah rub it in a little more Kev.

threedogs
1st September 2015, 05:15 PM
Not 100% sure this will work but can you drill and tap a piece of 40x8mm flat that bolts to the rails
then move your mounting holes back 50mm to suit, I'm sure it wouldnt be too difficult.