PDA

View Full Version : Tyre choice BFG MT or AT

thefattymatty
22nd April 2015, 03:14 PM
Hey guys my first set of factory Bridgestone 693 are coming to the end of there life and I am getting my next set of shoes for the patrol, I wouldn't mind recommendations on what everybody is running on there car at the moment. I have narrowed my tyre choice down to BF Goodrich AT 275/65 R17( standard size for 2014 patrol) or chucking some LT265/70R17 MT tyres on, I didn't mind the bridgestones but I got bogged a few times in Lithgow with them so I avoid mud when I drive with them( my warn 9000lb winch shit it self trying to pull me out of a bog hole) mr Nissan replaced it under warranty. I have just moved to Victoria and am looking to do some driving around Yarra national park and get up to dargo when I can just after everybody's thoughts and opinions on how the AT's behave in the mud and how the MT's behave on the road cheers and advance

Maxhead
22nd April 2015, 04:36 PM
The mud tyres have come a long way, especially the BFG's. They handle great on black top and are very quite making the AT tyre nearly obsolete IMO...lol
Ive been running MT for a few years and would not go any other way. Most are getting 80k plus km's out of them

.....on the move

AB
22nd April 2015, 06:12 PM
The mud tyres have come a long way, especially the BFG's. They handle great on black top and are very quite making the AT tyre nearly obsolete IMO...lol Ive been running MT for a few years and would not go any other way. Most are getting 80k plus km's out of them .....on the move

X2 with the above, one of the most quietest mud terrain tyre I've driven and look forward to seeing many years out of them :)

MEGOMONSTER
22nd April 2015, 07:02 PM
BFG KM2's all the way. Quieter than most mud tyres. If funds allow it, will definitely get them again.

Winnie
22nd April 2015, 07:13 PM
Another vote on the KM2, fantastic tyre and I will definitely buy again

mudski
22nd April 2015, 11:52 PM
BFG AT's for me on the road and also off, but do have some KM2s here i use as well. The km2's are good wearing so this would be my vote.

threedogs
23rd April 2015, 10:13 AM
Depends how many times you plan to get off road, and how long it takes to get there.
BFG KM2s are a great tyre, Also Mickey T make a great cross with the P3 I think its called
aggressive yet quiet, and as mentioned some tyres will see 80k

Bush Ranger
23rd April 2015, 03:13 PM
Go the KM2.

vfamily
15th May 2015, 01:50 PM
the new style BFG AT's might be worth a look if your not after a true mud tyre, have ran KM2 before they were pretty good but preferred my procomp xterrains over them

MudRunnerTD
15th May 2015, 03:45 PM
Hi mate and welcome to Victoria. We have mud here and you will need mud tyres. The KM2 s are a great touring tyre too and you won't be disappointed.

I would be rethinking your choice of tyre size though as that is a crappy size!! Your going down a size in the muddy??? I would be running a 285/75r17 or better is a 305/70r17. (33 in the old scale)

Rocket55
15th May 2015, 04:44 PM
Yep KM2 or Nitto Trail Graplers. It'll be one of these two that find their way into my rig next.