PDA

View Full Version : hard to start

kaynef
21st April 2015, 10:36 PM
Hi first time posting hope some one can help i have a 07 zd30crd with 110tho km and its been hard to start been going to 2 mechanics but every thing they have got me to get has not fixed the problem when warm starts better 0341/0340 cam angle sensor engine codes come up have changed sensor twice new starter motor new battery it just wines over for a bit sometimes coffs n sputters wile still under the starter but once running runs fine 1 mechanic is saying do timing chain but wouldn it be funning bad all the time if that is the case he also put his foot on throtal when starting and seem to start better

outback
22nd April 2015, 01:27 AM
2 things come to mind here and neither nice,

1. Glow plugs stuffed.
2. Injectors stuffed - BIG $$$

With 110K on the clock I suspect injectors if still original and never been out for physical checking. If Glow plugs are original they hit the suspect list as well. Should have been P'ed off at about 80K at the most.

All bad news...

kaynef
22nd April 2015, 10:29 AM
Yeah sorry ive also done glow plugs how would injectors throw cam angle sensor fault code? Would it run shit ?

outback
22nd April 2015, 03:16 PM
I got the impression that you said it ran fine after starting.
So that leaves starting issues, fuel and other ignition issues.
If it runs badly after starting then possibly the timing chain.

Yendor
22nd April 2015, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a fuel pressure problem. Has the fuel rail relief valve been checked?

Hows your coolant level? it's not dropping?