PDA

View Full Version : Air flow issues inside Gq

ranwood
19th April 2015, 08:03 PM
I've bought a 1994 GQ ute that when I bought it hadn't been cleaned inside or out, ever! I have used a compressor and blown out the vents, de mister etc, and heaps of dust came came out. The vent controller had a broken cable so I've replaced that, and freed up the white plastic gears on the side of the air box under the dash.

The problem I have is with the fan on there's not much air flow. My question im asking is there a filter or something inside the air box or fan housing that might be blocked up with dust and not allowing the air through?

Any advice would be welcomed!

AB
19th April 2015, 08:17 PM
I've bought a 1994 GQ ute that when I bought it hadn't been cleaned inside or out, ever! I have used a compressor and blown out the vents, de mister etc, and heaps of dust came came out. The vent controller had a broken cable so I've replaced that, and freed up the white plastic gears on the side of the air box under the dash. The problem I have is with the fan on there's not much air flow. My question im asking is there a filter or something inside the air box or fan housing that might be blocked up with dust and not allowing the air through? Any advice would be welcomed!

Check under the passengers firewall to see if the rubber strip has perished for the air con. The big box directly under the glovebox.

Put the fan on and see if air is coming out also.

I had no air to the vents and mine was perished, just put some adhesive foam strips in and happy days ;)

ranwood
19th April 2015, 08:52 PM
Thanks AB. Will have a look and check it out. Cheers.