PDA

View Full Version : 04 GU Recovery point / bar issue

Lexx
19th April 2015, 05:29 PM
Hi all,

So I pulled my thumb out and had a look at doing the recovery points on my 04 3.0l GU. It has a Tigerz11 bar (fitted by the last owner) and it seems to cover the recovery points by half. There are lower guards that are removable, but it would leave lots of wiring and the winch tray completely exposed...

Pics attached, anyone have any ideas? Cut and move guards, or bugger it and go buy a good ARB or similar ?

BigRAWesty
19th April 2015, 05:40 PM
Someone posted the same issue with an ironman bar.
Looks the same design. Fancy that.

Anyway I think from memory the reply from the company was NFI... And they was iron man. They atleast get back to you.

Good luck I say. But ring tigerz and put it to them. See if they can come up with a response.
And put the strap threw the hi lift Jack point is not a suitable answer.

the evil twin
19th April 2015, 05:47 PM
snip....
And put the strap threw the hi lift Jack point is not a suitable answer.

ROFL...

It is... if your intention is to remove the Bar from the Truck without using any tools.

Rock Trol
19th April 2015, 05:52 PM
I think if you remove the lower section it should be OK. I have a Nissan factory bar and it does not go that low (from the pics) but it still protects everything. Or maybe get someone to cut and modify that lower section. Should be cheaper than a new bar.

threedogs
20th April 2015, 10:03 AM
On the inside of the chassis rail on the RHS there are 3 captive nuts,
other than that you should have two captive nuts each side underneath.
BTW thats the weirdest bull bar set up I've seen.
EDIT my TEE shaped ones may fit on the outside but you'd need to trim
some of those splash guards.

What area are you in Lexx ???
Had another look and I think my folded will fit,you'll need to replace that hook with mine.
They dont have to go the way in the pic they can go the other way no probs

Lexx
21st April 2015, 02:54 PM
I'm in the Bayswater area threedogs. I reckon ill remove the lower splash guards and change them up, or slot them. Tigerz what a silly design, glad I didn't buy it!

threedogs
21st April 2015, 04:05 PM
You could pop into Outback 4x4 and see Paul He will be able to sort you out.

Lexx
21st April 2015, 04:26 PM
Cheers guys, all good help. I'll see what comes of my trials and post the outcome :)

threedogs
21st April 2015, 04:46 PM
Ive been in contact with Paul so he knows you'll be dropping in some time