PDA

View Full Version : Uniden pc-122 am cb radio

Bob
19th April 2015, 10:53 AM
Found this Radio when cleaning up.
Not sure if it is Side Band but has a switch for USB & LSB.
Anybody interested in this Radio please PM me

threedogs
19th April 2015, 10:55 AM
Yeah an old 27mhtz for sure, DX will be all over it, lol
great fun the Upper /lower side band radios, more so now everyone
has switched to UHF.
That wiill be snatched up very quickly

carsurgeons
19th April 2015, 11:19 AM
hey bob did you end up selling it , if so how much. i have an old side band cb as well

Bob
19th April 2015, 11:24 AM
hey bob did you end up selling it , if so how much. i have an old side band cb as well

No have not sold it as yet. Dont expect too much for it

Bush Ranger
14th June 2017, 05:28 PM
I had one of those for my first CB.

bazzaboy
14th June 2017, 06:04 PM
I have that exact radio sitting on a shelf near me at the moment. Was using it as a base station off a power supply, 3 element Yagi & power mic in the 80's. It's also been it & out of many of my vehicles over the years. Very reliable with simple electronics and the finals can ( and was ) replaced and could then transmit at about about 18watts. A good collectable radio.

clubbyr8
15th June 2017, 10:55 AM
Wish I had seen this before I bought a new one.... :(

Bush Ranger
15th June 2017, 07:18 PM
I have that exact radio sitting on a shelf near me at the moment. Was using it as a base station off a power supply, 3 element Yagi & power mic in the 80's. It's also been it & out of many of my vehicles over the years. Very reliable with simple electronics and the finals can ( and was ) replaced and could then transmit at about about 18watts. A good collectable radio.

I had a friend who had a power mic, reckoned it was the best think he`d done to his base station. Some one else I knew had an echo mic, as they called it.

bazzaboy
16th June 2017, 03:48 PM
I had a Desk-Top Leson TW-232 power mic. Great clarity on it. Probably one of the best known power mics of the day. Only sold it recently along with my SWR meter.