PDA

View Full Version : manifold gasket

seedycoil
16th April 2015, 11:35 PM
Hi guy's has anyone had drama's with manifold gasket leaking around the turbo. Just getting it replaced now.

Cheers Kyle

4bye4
16th April 2015, 11:49 PM
Hi Kyle. Might be an idea to say which motor you have so others can help you. I've had no dramas with any gaskets on my 3l Di GU4 2005.
Did have oil leaking from the intercooler at one stage which was running everywhere. replaced the I/C with fully welded one. Also have had oil leak from around the turbo when idiot dealership overfilled it with oil.
Tony

Alitis007
17th April 2015, 10:49 AM
I replaced 2 brocken studs, warped manifold on a customers 2010 crd not long ago

seedycoil
29th April 2015, 08:14 AM
Hi,yes I also had 2 broken studs as well on my 2011 CRD.

kevin07
29th April 2015, 08:28 AM
yep just changed the flange under the turbo as well as warped manifold and a complete set of replacement studs.

Hodge
29th April 2015, 09:12 AM
Mine is leaking big big time in sure of it. Has all the symptoms including lot of blow by caught in catch can which somehow is caused by wrapped manifold apparently.

In think you have to pull a lot of stuff out to get to manifold and have a look ???/

Will get it fixed when motor gets pulled out soon.

kevin07
30th April 2015, 07:49 AM
yep your definitely have all the symptons I thought id blown my turbo there was that much blow by. 1 of the mechs at work explained how it pushed the gases back into the motor. a recommendation change all the studs with quality aftermarket studs but make sure they are the same length.