PDA

View Full Version : Insurance time, again! Early GU owners, who do you use?

mudski
14th April 2015, 11:30 PM
I use Budget and I thinks its time to re evaluate. Currently paying $843.76 with a $900 excess. No idea of the agree or market value. They don't even show this anymore on the renewal, so I can't remember.
I just did a few of the major companies, Allianz, AAMI and Shannons, all over $1200 and the max they will insure for is $12K with accessories! WTF! I got a fair bit if kit in my GUrl, so if kinda feels like a kick in the guts when I see this. But if thats all I can get then so be it I suppose.

So I just like to hear from the early GU owners really,2000-2003, so the comparison will be more relative.

BigRAWesty
14th April 2015, 11:40 PM
I've just signed up with raa..
I know you want comparisons but they put value of 10500 on the gq plus all the accessories.
And I listed everything at to buy new price and they came in at a very reasonable price, with a $500 excess to.
I posted it in cuppas thread. I'll try find it.

But of course the raa is South Aus.
So not sure with your state provider does insurance or just road side

P4trol
14th April 2015, 11:42 PM
It's a bit hard to compare. Some of the things that make it hard are :

Agreed value/market value
Variable excesses (pay less annual fee for a larger excess
No claim bonus/member discounts
Multi policy discounts
Street address (some addresses/suburbs are more expensive to insure than others) .
And age of driver

I've used aami because they do agreed value. But the max agreed value of series 1 is getting too low. Especially if you bought a 4.2 - the price you paid would be higher than agreed value.

And then you buy a vehicle for 4x the purchase price... And insurance is only $400 extra.

Robbery.

BigRAWesty
14th April 2015, 11:46 PM
Here we are.
What I was offered and from memory only $700 a year

BigRAWesty
14th April 2015, 11:46 PM
And the accessories

Cuppa
14th April 2015, 11:51 PM
Worth checking to see whoever you go with covers you off road. Some of them say they cover ‘anywhere in Australia’ but the small print says “we don’t cover you if not on a ‘gazetted road”.

katwoman
14th April 2015, 11:54 PM
shannons.. agreed value $25K. $550 excess, under $600 a year. Plus I get all bolt on accessories back if car is write-off.

BigRAWesty
14th April 2015, 11:55 PM
shannons.. agreed value $25K. $550 excess, under $600 a year. Plus I get all bolt on accessories back if car is write-off.
That's not bad

katwoman
15th April 2015, 12:00 AM
That's not bad

It's great. Most companies wont touch the patrol cos she's over 10 years old..The other car I have insured with them is dirt cheap insurance and I get the whole car back, no matter the condition. ( unless some lowlife pinches it, of course)

Rock Trol
15th April 2015, 12:32 AM
Shannons as well.
$25K agreed value but my premium is $770 with excess of $400. They also cover all the accessories/mods.

When I read the PDS it said anywhere in Australia and I could not find any small print to say otherwise. Only exclusion is motorsport/time trial etc.

Stropp
15th April 2015, 12:35 AM
Shannon's as well 43k and I think $1100 plus 3 k of camping gear 😃

Evo
15th April 2015, 03:33 AM
I switched to Shannon's earlier this year.

Very happy with service, advice and the agreed value.
Was so happy, insured 4 cars and a trailer and got a great multi vehicle discount.

Evo

the evil twin
15th April 2015, 10:58 AM

Shannons as well.
$25K agreed value but my premium is $770 with excess of $400. They also cover all the accessories/mods.

When I read the PDS it said anywhere in Australia and I could not find any small print to say otherwise. Only exclusion is motorsport/time trial etc.

Shannon's as well 43k and I think $1100 plus 3 k of camping gear ��

I switched to Shannon's earlier this year.

Very happy with service, advice and the agreed value.
Was so happy, insured 4 cars and a trailer and got a great multi vehicle discount.

Evo

99 GU (Chevy) insured with Shannons (and so is my other vehicle).

Patrol is over 30K agreed value and 700 ish premium, excellent service so far

jay see
15th April 2015, 11:33 AM
Something that I need to look at as well. The mods have begin

SonOf
15th April 2015, 11:36 AM
Must have changed as Shannons would not insure my 99 GU for an agreed value only market which is pittence (from memory they said around $10k). I went with DGA who wrote the policy with Allianz, value of $21k plus $6k extras and covered anywhere in Aust. Some of the ones I did look at would only cover you on gazetted roads which in the case of a 4x4 is not really practical.

There was another mob noted on the insurance posts here and they were pretty good as well from memory.

All up I pay $728.00 annual premium

Stropp
15th April 2015, 11:48 AM
i must add mine is alsoa commercial vehicle as its owned by the business

Winnie
15th April 2015, 12:16 PM
Must have changed as Shannons would not insure my 99 GU for an agreed value only market which is pittence (from memory they said around $10k). I went with DGA who wrote the policy with Allianz, value of $21k plus $6k extras and covered anywhere in Aust. Some of the ones I did look at would only cover you on gazetted roads which in the case of a 4x4 is not really practical.

There was another mob noted on the insurance posts here and they were pretty good as well from memory.

Shannons would not insure my GQ because they said they don't do 4WDs... that was before I told them I was 21 and on P plates.
I might call them next week because I will be off P plates then and see what they say.

mudski
15th April 2015, 06:53 PM

Who's DGA mate? Shannon quote was over 12hunge for a megre 12.5k cover. Maybe I should ring these turkeys rather than an online quote. I might get a better deal maybe.??
I suppose living in an area where armour plating is a requirement on your car doesn't help.

Winnie
15th April 2015, 07:15 PM
Who's DGA mate? Shannon quote was over 12hunge for a megre 12.5k cover. Maybe I should ring these turkeys rather than an online quote. I might get a better deal maybe.??
I suppose living in an area where armour plating is a requirement on your car doesn't help.

I'm with DGA at the moment and they just keep changing the policy, can't wait to give them the flick.

Maxhead
15th April 2015, 07:16 PM
I have changed all cars, house building and contents to Coles as it was by far the cheapest. I ring around every year to get quotes and still with them after 3 years. Insure for all gazetted roads and water crossings

katwoman
15th April 2015, 07:19 PM
Shannons asked me if I was a 'motoring enthusiast', maybe proving I was had something to do with it ?

Maxhead
15th April 2015, 07:19 PM
Shannons asked me if I was a 'motoring enthusiast', maybe proving I was had something to do with it ?

Did you get pensioner discount??? bwahhahah

mudski
15th April 2015, 07:26 PM
So maybe ringing I would get a better result?

jay see
15th April 2015, 08:01 PM
I have changed all cars, house building and contents to Coles as it was by far the cheapest. I ring around every year to get quotes and still with them after 3 years. Insure for all gazetted roads and water crossings

I do the same,loyalty been nothing.

Winnie
15th April 2015, 08:05 PM

At least you have the option of bartering over the phone

BigRAWesty
15th April 2015, 08:07 PM
Well as I mentioned before I had a 12.5% multi policy discount with SGIC and been there for 6 years.
I'm still $30 a month better off with raa and brake even with the house and that's no discount.
If I add the patrol, or a trailer, or any 3rd policy then it's all cheaper again.

Rock Trol
15th April 2015, 08:41 PM

Same here. I already had my Honda Accord insured with them for years so the 4WD went on as the second car. Then got rid of the Honda and only had the Patrol.
Now also have a WB DeVille insured so I doubt it would be a problem. When you think of it the 4WD brigade are the new motor car enthusiasts. The amount of mods we do is unbelievable. Only a proper hot rod would come close.

katwoman
15th April 2015, 09:14 PM
Did you get pensioner discount??? bwahhahah

less points for you......

boots
15th April 2015, 09:36 PM
Mark I have just renewed with youi .my third year now, tried shannons but were nearly 400 more for the premium in comparison , but there excess was cheaper. only issue with my policy and youi is it aint covered for any activity on the beach . only driven on the beach once in 6 years so didn't fret about it. premium 780. excess725. value 22 total. never had to claim so cannot comment on that side of things about them. Was originally with aami but once I fitted the larger exhaust they did not want to know me.

P4trol
15th April 2015, 10:12 PM
Aami have a new slant on things. They don't care about the mods (except that they are legal) it's all covered under the agreed value.

Don't want to sound like an advert, because I think places should have been able to do better. but I couldn't find anything better.

Who else does agreed value other than Aami? ?

Alitis007
15th April 2015, 10:29 PM
Affinity is the cheapest around that I have found all the rest are imbeciles lol. They insured everything I wanted for as much as I want and insure 3"lifts, all camping gear upto 3k. They're under written by cgu I think.

MAKE SURE YOU ASK IF TJE WILL INSURE YOU WITH AN ENGINE CONVERSION! I know you want to swap the motor so better ask if they'll cover it

SonOf
15th April 2015, 10:33 PM
Found this old thread on insurance. DGA are in VIC, they are a brokering firm

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?22069-Insurance&highlight=Insurance

sooty_10
16th April 2015, 12:04 AM

Definitely ring Shannons mate, I recently got mine insured for an agreed $20k (still couldn't replace it for that, but better than $12k) and I also have another car and a bike with them. all up for no more than $1500, the bike is the dearest to insure. Also mine is modified with the engine swap, couldn't do online quotes as the engine wasn't an option in '98. The guy I spoke to was excellent and actually knew a bit about patrols and the different engines. I argued the value and he was looking at carsales with me to see comparative replacement values and stretched the agreed value out for me.

bishbashbosh
16th April 2015, 01:33 PM
AAMI

Agreed value - 21k
Excess - 440
Cost - 830

mudski
16th April 2015, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys. I think I need to ring them rather than do an online quote.

cgm
16th April 2015, 02:15 PM
I put the Jack with Shannons recently and was surprised also that the guy just talked like a "normal person". Discussed the vehicle, mods, replacement, etc. Was not in any hurry and then just worked through what I wanted or thought was reasonable to set the agreed value at. Definitely think if you are considering Shannons the phone call is an important part of it.

mudski
12th November 2019, 08:45 PM
Dragging this thread up again. Currently with Club 4x4. Just got an email from them with my new policy. The premium is now $1886.68 and the cover has dropped down to $56835 from around the first agreed $62K, which is expected to happen over time. Without going back through my paperwork, the premium used to be circa $1100 p/a. I think its time to do the shop around.
I've just sent Shannons a request to give me a call to organise a quote.

Hodge
12th November 2019, 08:59 PM
I'm with racv and my new policy has gone through the roof for the Patrol.
But , still got the best deal with them due to other policies we have .
A year ago when I got a quote with Club for my patrol for a far lower value than yours , the quoted premium was astonishing ... I rang them up to check if it was a misprint. Unfortunately it was correct. I would hate to see what it would be now.

Winnie
13th November 2019, 05:22 AM
I left Club 4x4 for Shannon's. It seems like Club 4x4 lure you in with good price and cover and then jack the prices up astronomically. Been with Shannon's for 2 years now and $35k cover costs me under $1k per year.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PeeBee
13th November 2019, 06:11 AM
Yep, same deal Winnie, was with Shannon, lured away with cheaper policy from C4x4 then policy increase 30%, so back to Shannons. Will need to have the discussion around increase in Agreed value also after this latest splash.

Cuppa
13th November 2019, 07:56 AM
I could be wrong, but reading what others say on a couple of other forums it's not just Club 4x4 who's prices have gone up a lot in the past couple of years. I'm still with them because I want their remote area recovery cover. Renewal in Feb this year with agreed value of $55,160 was $1392, including the optional $15,000 remote area recovery.

mudski
13th November 2019, 04:29 PM
I could be wrong, but reading what others say on a couple of other forums it's not just Club 4x4 who's prices have gone up a lot in the past couple of years. I'm still with them because I want their remote area recovery cover. Renewal in Feb this year with agreed value of $55,160 was $1392, including the optional $15,000 remote area recovery.

Shannons just quoted $1415 for $40k. I will ring C4x4 and see what they can do.

jay see
17th April 2020, 06:20 PM
I know that this was discussed not that long ago, but can't find it and it's probably better here.

I got a quote from DGA as mudrunner suggested.

DGA to Allianz.
Market value (don't do agree on vehicles more that 10 years)
Accessories max $3320.
$895.

DGA to Affinity
Total Agreed value $15000
Accessories $6000
$3097.

Currently with Bingle.
Insured anywhere in Australia I'm legally allowed to be.
Market value + any accessories and modifications
$609.

I was concerned about what they value the accessories and modifications in the event something happens. Was told to hang on to all receipts as that will help with determining a value.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

jack
17th April 2020, 08:53 PM
Before going with Bingle it might be worth checking these reviews:
https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/bingle

jay see
17th April 2020, 09:15 PM
Before going with Bingle it might be worth checking these reviews:
https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/bingleYeah, I know.

I've been with them for a little while and have made one at fault claim. Had no issues.

Cuppa
17th April 2020, 10:06 PM
Yep Club 4x4 are expensive but I'm still with them for two reasons. 1. No-one else offers cover for modifications which have cost more than the base figure for the car itself & 2. No-one else offers the optional remote area recovery cover.

Whilst the premium is enough to make a grown man cry, they have recently introduced a combined policy for those who tow, which gets 10% off. The agreed value on the base vehicle is around $24k, but combined with the various mods the agreed value is $54k. With an increased excess of $1200 (I upped it from $800 as we don't think we'd claim on anything less - not worth it when it puts up the next years premium), & $15,000 off road recovery cover + windscreen cover the premium was around $1900, including the Tvan with an agreed value of $28k.

mudski
18th April 2020, 07:59 PM
I know that this was discussed not that long ago, but can't find it and it's probably better here.

I got a quote from DGA as mudrunner suggested.

DGA to Allianz.
Market value (don't do agree on vehicles more that 10 years)
Accessories max $3320.
$895.

DGA to Affinity
Total Agreed value $15000
Accessories $6000
$3097.

Currently with Bingle.
Insured anywhere in Australia I'm legally allowed to be.
Market value + any accessories and modifications
$609.

I was concerned about what they value the accessories and modifications in the event something happens. Was told to hang on to all receipts as that will help with determining a value.

Market value + accessories is not worth the paper I wipe my ass with. Will they agree to a full replacement value? C4x4 were the only mob who would. But. Im paying a massive premium for it. My Patrol is covered for $53k, give or take. The next closest was Shannons, $40k coverage. But if I add up all the bolts on and mods as if I were to replace each one, $40k won't cover purchase price of another Patrol and all the same bolts on. Yeah I maybe over insured. But I know I'm well covered. I have been tempted to switch to Shannons or another not having the same amount of cover is hard to leave.

jay see
18th April 2020, 09:46 PM
Paying $3k a year for $15k cover with affinity..
Our Cerato is about that and we ain't paying $3,000 for that, even if we added our 18 year old to the policy still wouldn't be close.. I know I know different cars different risks, but same value if something was to happen..

I know Bingle isn't great, probably far from it, but for now it will do.

jack
18th April 2020, 10:58 PM
* DISCLAIMER FIRST UP *

'Since I semi retired a few years ago I've worked part time for an Insurance Broker, I'm now fully retired. This is not insurance advice, just my opinion.'

During this time I've observed the following.

When the shit hits the fan your chances of a more positive outcome are greatly improved if you have a broker working for you.
The broker works for you not the insurer.
Always tell them everyting that could impact a claim upfront.
If you don't have receipts, take pictures of everything, accessories etc.
This also applies to house contents and improvements.
Get a dashcam.
Review you insurance risk every year.
Steer clear of online only insurers, the major underwriters don't advertise.
Many smaller insureres are owned by the same company, they can offer cheaper deals because they cover less.
Always insure for 'agreed value' because 'market value' will be even less than the trade in price on Redbook.com.au
Checkout Productreview.com.au
Comparison sites are crap, they get paid by the company. Canstar and Choice are the exception.
Just google 'royal commission (insurer name)' for some interesting findings.

jay see
18th April 2020, 11:13 PM
Thanks for your views jack appreciate it.

jay see
7th May 2020, 11:00 AM
After a few days back and forth between my broker and I we have come up with this.

Quote from IAL.

Vehicle Agreed Value $11,400 plus the value of the accessories and modifications.

Accessories/Modifications $5,610

I told them that it's a 4wd and will be used as one on tracks and through river crossings this is there response.

IAL covers 4wd for personal use only, but please note the following exclusion: Pg 22, point 7 in the motor PDS:

Motor sport*“being used for any motor sport or time trial, or was being tested in preparation for any motor sport or time trial or on a track or club days.

I will recheck with them about being on dirt tracks.

Premium $1476.00 or $129.00 per month
$600 access.

Does it matter what accessories and modifications are listed, seeing that the rest are part of the agreed value?

mudski
7th May 2020, 02:12 PM
After a few days back and forth between my broker and I we have come up with this.

Quote from IAL.

Vehicle Agreed Value $11,400 plus the value of the accessories and modifications.

Accessories/Modifications $5,610

I told them that it's a 4wd and will be used as one on tracks and through river crossings this is there response.

IAL covers 4wd for personal use only, but please note the following exclusion: Pg 22, point 7 in the motor PDS:

Motor sport*“being used for any motor sport or time trial, or was being tested in preparation for any motor sport or time trial or on a track or club days.

I will recheck with them about being on dirt tracks.

Premium $1476.00 or $129.00 per month
$600 access.

Does it matter what accessories and modifications are listed, seeing that the rest are part of the agreed value?

Thats a lot for the little its insured for. Mines covered for $56k, give or take a k, and my premium is not much more. Over insured, maybe, but well covered incase it does get written off. I reckon you could get it cheaper.

jay see
7th May 2020, 03:49 PM
We started with a list of about 8 or 9 insurers. Now that I know what market value is, about 9k plus accessories and modifications another 12k. I'm happy with the total value, I reckon I can replace it with 15 odd grand, but yeah does seem a little high. Will revisit the others that were in the list.

jay see
20th May 2020, 01:10 PM
Ok it's done.

What I got from my broker was the most expensive being just over $3,000 to the cheapest at $1476 to having a quote declined due to the amount of extras. I asked if she could get a quote from club 4x4, but they don't deal with them so I request on myself.

Ended up with a premium over $250 less at $1200 and a full list of all modifications and accessories totalling $12,000 and all the usual features offered by club.

So...
I'm now insuranced with club at agreed value of $10,000 and $7,000 of mods/acc. Giving me the $17,000 total same as the others. By adding my wife as a listed driver it brought down the premium my about $200. Which some has been counterbalance by opting for monthly payments.

This is the best value I can get for with a 23 year old car that has more mods/acc than what the market value is and for where it's parked and all the other information that all insurance companies want.

Will give it the year and see what the renewal looks like.

mudski
20th May 2020, 01:55 PM
Well done mate. Yeah check next year as the premium on mine is around $400 than when I first signed up.

10G
21st May 2020, 02:33 PM
Last year I spent weeks looking at policies, read through all the PDS's and all. Found most PDS's were ambiguous, vague and easily open to misinterpretation, but understandable.

I actually made up my mind to switch to club 4x4 for no other reason that at least they know what you're talking about. If I were to ring them up and say I'm on the Magigan and the thing won't start, they'll know what I'm talking about.

I spoke with several insurance companies last time and they just had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned things like, crossing the Simpson or getting stuck at Billiluna. If it was outside Sydney or Melbourne and it wasn't a car they were so darn confused.

I just thought if I was stuffed and stressed and in the shite, the last thing I want to do is explain where I am, what I'm doing and what my vehicle is.

All the insurance companies offer pretty much the same thing, but I concluded that if you want to insure something that isn't the same thing, it may well be worth going with someone that knows what your vehicle is and what you do with it.

But in the end I didn't switch, I got busy with other things & stayed with who I'm with. But I've done the hard work and have a plan now.

Just thought that may help others who may read this??????

mudski
21st May 2020, 04:21 PM
You make some good points there mate that I haven't even considered when choosing cover. The premium might be a little more but the level of help and knowledge is higher than the regular insurer.

jay see
21st May 2020, 06:25 PM
They specialised in 4wd so cater for our offrad needs. Just like enthusiast cater for my Clubsport. They wouldn't touch the patrol just like club won't touch the clubsport.

jay see
10th July 2020, 11:28 AM
Not patrol related...

My old man got his insurance renewal up $180 from last year. No claims made.

Coles insurance was the cheapest I could find for him 2 years ago. Now they want $953 for a 2007 Lancer. His nearly 85 years old with a good driving record.

Did a online quote with Apia and they want $1254..

Are the insurance companies raising the premiums hoping that the elderly don't realise and just pay it.

I know that there are alot of factors in coming up with the premium, but nothing has changed since last year.

Any suggestions..

PeeBee
10th July 2020, 01:46 PM
Insurance just in from Shannons, increased 160 from last year, rang and queried, its just the way it is, take it or leave it. I tried to ring Club4x4 but engaged, no answer to email, so stewing on this. Truck gets out 5 times a year max, otherwise locked in a garage

10G
10th July 2020, 01:56 PM
Insurance just in from Shannons, increased 160 from last year, rang and queried, its just the way it is, take it or leave it. I tried to ring Club4x4 but engaged, no answer to email, so stewing on this. Truck gets out 5 times a year max, otherwise locked in a garage

Seems to be the way it goes. You're insured amount goes down dollar wise, but your premium goes up.

I just bought a 2001 ute. Annual 3rd party fire and theft on that was $103/yr. Makes me think I may just buy old shit heaps when we can no longer afford all this car stuff.

jay see
10th July 2020, 02:30 PM
Got a quote back from youi. The guy on the other end of the phone couldn't believe it. $1954. At this stage he'll be staying where he is.

PeeBee
16th July 2020, 01:43 PM
Finally spoke with Club4x4. Their quote for 12 mths Comprehensive cover, Agreed Value 50K is close to 2K - up $900 on when I first insured the truck after getting it back 3 yrs ago - so I am basically stuck with Shannons at this point at $1400 = not that happy.

shakey55
19th July 2020, 07:07 AM
Not patrol related...

Coles insurance was the cheapest I could find for him 2 years ago. Now they want $953 for a 2007 Lancer. His nearly 85 years old with a good driving record.

Are the insurance companies raising the premiums hoping that the elderly don't realise and just pay it.

I know that there are alot of factors in coming up with the premium, but nothing has changed since last year.

Any suggestions..

Not patrol related...

Any suggestions..

Jay See - try Australia Seniors Insurance. I insure my wife’s 2012 Impreza with them. $12k agreed value, nominated 8,000 kms per year, pay by the month ($31 per month)

Can increase kms during the year for a small increase in payment if you find you may go over the nominated kms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jay see
19th July 2020, 08:06 PM
Jay See - try Australia Seniors Insurance. I insure my wife’s 2012 Impreza with them. $12k agreed value, nominated 8,000 kms per year, pay by the month ($31 per month)

Can increase kms during the year for a small increase in payment if you find you may go over the nominated kms

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkThanks.
I'll look into.

jay see
31st July 2020, 01:09 PM

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkThanks for the suggestion.

They ended up with home and car insurance. By adding the home they where eligible for a multi policy discount which brought the car insurance down to $609. Home was $20 more than their old one, but saved over $300 with the car. They too nominated 8000km, but with the current lock down that wouldn't be a problem.

I thought that they only did seniors, but will insurer anyone over 18. Will see what they can do with my wife's car as that's due next month.

Thanks again..

10G
31st July 2020, 02:55 PM
now I have a ute, the Patrol gets a run once a week.
changed insurance from comprehensive to 3rd party fire & theft.
premium has gone down from $800/yr to $165/yr

jay see
11th July 2022, 10:39 PM
Changed my insurance from club 4x4 to enthusiast. Cover is exactly the same except I'm now covered for 4000km annually and saving over $500 a year..

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

mudski
12th July 2022, 08:24 AM
Changed my insurance from club 4x4 to enthusiast. Cover is exactly the same except I'm now covered for 4000km annually and saving over $500 a year..

Never heard of them. I must look them up. My premium has increased by around $500 a year since I joined C4x4 some 10 years ago. But I have to say, my Patrol is very well covered if something were to happen.

jay see
12th July 2022, 10:20 AM
Never heard of them. I must look them up. My premium has increased by around $500 a year since I joined C4x4 some 10 years ago. But I have to say, my Patrol is very well covered if something were to happen.They look after limited km vehicles. My clubsport is with them as well..

Best to call as my online quote was rejected..

MudRunnerTD
12th July 2022, 03:22 PM
Finally spoke with Club4x4. Their quote for 12 mths Comprehensive cover, Agreed Value 50K is close to 2K - up $900 on when I first insured the truck after getting it back 3 yrs ago - so I am basically stuck with Shannons at this point at $1400 = not that happy.

All Smiles now Bud!!!!!!

Cuppa
12th July 2022, 04:39 PM
For anyone not aware - Nissan Patrols are considered, & I got this direct from the insurance company, 'high risk vehicles'.

When I took out insurance on the OKA I was buying (which subsequently fell through) the agreed value was more than double the agreed value of my Patrol, but the premium was more than 40% less than the Patrol. When I queried this difference I was told that Patrols are considered high risk. More damage resulting from hoon drivers & more likely to be stolen. My insurance company is Club 4x4 but I think all insurance companies base their premiums on the same sources of 'perceived risk'.
Disappointing that old farts like me get pinged because of Patrol popularity among young 'go hards'.