PDA

View Full Version : Bent front end

whippet
20th March 2011, 06:11 PM
Need help, I was out in the bush hit a stump with the right front wheel now the steering wheel is out of alignment. i have been told the steering box sector shaft can twist????

YNOT
20th March 2011, 06:20 PM
That can happen but I would suspect a bent drag link. Check the arm that runs from the steering box pitman arm to the L/F swivel hub, it should be straight.

Tony

Bigrig
20th March 2011, 08:42 PM
That can happen but I would suspect a bent drag link. Check the arm that runs from the steering box pitman arm to the L/F swivel hub, it should be straight.

Tony

Hey Tony, could he have by chance bent a tie rod end? Only reason I ask is Corie (whitewulf) did exactly this at LCMP last week.

YNOT
20th March 2011, 09:05 PM
Hey Tony, could he have by chance bent a tie rod end? Only reason I ask is Corie (whitewulf) did exactly this at LCMP last week.

You're right Scott it could also be a bent tie rod.

Tony

Bigrig
20th March 2011, 09:17 PM
You're right Scott it could also be a bent tie rod.

Tony

Cool - either way, hope he sorts it.

GUte
20th March 2011, 10:36 PM
Tip with removing the draglink (if that is the problem)

You need to lever it with a breaker bar or something solid and hit the rod ends with a hammer. Having someone help here is a bonus
Mine were solid and smashing upwards on the thread with the nut halfway threaded on wouldnt work, just mangles the thread which is something you dont want to do if you ever plan on using it again

whippet
21st March 2011, 09:05 PM
still haven't got the car in to the mechanics yet. Might have to wait another week looks like a boys trip down the Murray for a week...