PDA

View Full Version : G'day all, newbie here

Bowyer
14th April 2015, 12:16 PM
Hi all, just converted over to a 08 3.0l patrol after abusing my 04 petrol pajero for a few years (done a pretty good job for a standard vehicle), looking forward to see what this new toy will do, has 2" lift kit, bull bar (needs winch fitted- little bit of wife begging to do), uhf radio and dual batteries so just about all set up as far as I can see. Heading up to Fraser Island in July so will be getting some practice in the new toy down Yalwal before heading off on the trip.

Already learnt a lot through this forum and look forward to future learnings.

Regards,
Nathan

4bye4
14th April 2015, 12:29 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum nathan.
"(needs winch fitted- little bit of wife begging to do)" Do you mean for finance or you want her to fit it for you? LOL

Bowyer
14th April 2015, 12:35 PM
4bye4,

You could be on to something there, I never considered having her fit it. She loves getting off the road as much as I but stays in the comfort of not damaging her nails so when we purchase one I am thinking of the dyeemna rope type vs the steel wire to protect her hands.

4bye4
14th April 2015, 12:40 PM
OK End of LOL's. If yours or mine ever read this we will be in soooo much sh.t.:smile:

threedogs
14th April 2015, 01:31 PM
Hello Bowyer and welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy

Stropp
14th April 2015, 01:45 PM
gday mate and welcome along to the forum, plenty of good info available here.

growler2058
14th April 2015, 04:21 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard

Dhuck
14th April 2015, 04:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bowyer
14th April 2015, 06:31 PM
Cheers for the welcome,

Had a little bash in it today and all I can say is 😃😃😃, would not of even tried it in my pajero but maybe getting a little more confident, every time I look I'm finding something extra on the car, had 3/4 of a tank and it still took 130ltrs to top up the main and then the sub tank, got underneath and there is 2 large long range tanks, gotta be happy with that considering I have my QLD trip coming up, only down side is I fly back to work Thursday and it will be left in my wife's hands, might have to buy her a car tomorrow to keep mine safe.

AB
14th April 2015, 06:51 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Sherro
14th April 2015, 09:36 PM
G'day Nathan welcome to the forum mate.

cass_cass94
14th April 2015, 10:46 PM
welcome to the forum mate, there's some great info here

MEGOMONSTER
15th April 2015, 05:59 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Clunk
17th April 2015, 06:20 PM
gday mate, welcome aboard