PDA

View Full Version : Bubbling Dash

BecChris
12th April 2015, 05:15 PM
Hi
We have a 2006 GU Patrol with a bubbling dash. Very low km,s, Always kept undercover and not left in direct sunlight for long periods without a sunshade. Had very slight bubbling when purchased secondhand from the original owner but has got worse the last couple of years. I,Ve read there was a service campaign for this exact issue as it was classed as a factory fault for certain Patrols within a certain VIN number range. Apparently Nissan were replacing dashes with this issue for free! Anyone know if this is still happening? Long shot I know but very frustrating as it was a factory fault in the beginning.....

threedogs
12th April 2015, 05:22 PM
Might want to post an intro before posting a question,
polite and all .No harm done though
Have a search in the top rhs and see what you come up with

the evil twin
12th April 2015, 05:35 PM
Hi
We have a 2006 GU Patrol with a bubbling dash. Very low km,s, Always kept undercover and not left in direct sunlight for long periods without a sunshade. Had very slight bubbling when purchased secondhand from the original owner but has got worse the last couple of years. I,Ve read there was a service campaign for this exact issue as it was classed as a factory fault for certain Patrols within a certain VIN number range. Apparently Nissan were replacing dashes with this issue for free! Anyone know if this is still happening? Long shot I know but very frustrating as it was a factory fault in the beginning.....

Yes, you are correct.
Wasn't a service campaign, just a free dash replacement if yours suffered the pox within 5 years.
After 5 years, different people got different results with different dealears (I got afreebie at 6) but the first step is contact your local Dealer and duke it out from there.

If they get Nissan to do it then win for you but you are talking a 9 Y.O. vehicle now.
You should have taken it in when you first noticed it.
Waiting a few years won't have helped your war effort

Stropp
12th April 2015, 08:07 PM
Yes ET is correct, they cover them for 6 yrs but a few have been lucky to get them done after that, me included but it is pot luck. The best you can hope for is free dash and you pay the labour. Contact your dealer and ask!

MudRunnerTD
12th April 2015, 08:10 PM
From my memory it actually was listed as a Service Campaign (hidden) rather than the recall it should have been. It was also extended to 6 years old. I think you have buckleys unfortunately. Try your luck though, you might get a free dash and pay the labour to fit it, this was a common compromise. It's a disgrace, nissan should cover it regardless. I have read of the replacement dash bubbling on a few too. Disgrace! Good luck.