PDA

View Full Version : shorty roof racks with sunroof

Porkeh
9th April 2015, 09:31 PM
hi guys, i was looking at getting a new roof rack for my shorty since the rhino racks and the current frame arent that sturdy but i face the problem of either having too short of a roof rack or a full length rack without being able to take the sunroof right out. i had in mind to get a 2.2m rack and have it hang over the front just a small amount then cut a hole for the sunroof but want to see what others have done first. what are somethings you guys have done to have the roof rack you wanted and still use the sunroof fully?
heres (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261839742395?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) the rack i had in mind i know the shorty roof gutters are 2m long, i just have to find the length from the front of the first bracket to the back of the last one on the rack to see if it will actually fit though
cheers alex

altech
10th April 2015, 09:26 PM
Why do need to open your Sunroof in the first place ,when you got a full rack and you can just open it anyway let air in . Alex I have a sunroof and never use it because it came with the model I have GU Ti . there are 3/4 racks out there too which should work fine for you . regards Altech (Alex) lol

Punderhead
10th April 2015, 11:03 PM
How often will you be using the rack? You might find it easier to take the rack on and off when not needed. You will save $$$ on fuel, and negate your problem.

And a roof rack with a hole will be useless anyway.

Cheers!

paulyg
11th April 2015, 07:49 PM
I still open my sunroof with the rack on, still get some air coming in.

Adoos
26th April 2015, 11:56 AM
Hey mate,

What condition are your sunroof seals in?

Cheers
Adam