PDA

View Full Version : Changing Headlight Bulbs - 2010 GU ST Wagon

LaughingBeagles
6th April 2015, 05:22 PM
Hi all,

I know this has been asked before (in fact a reference to a how to I couldn't find was made), but I am looking to change the headlight bulbs in my patrol. Drivers side is no issue - same as most H4 configs - remove the rubber, undo the clip, put on your cotton gloves to prevent touching the globe etc.

The dang light in the passenger's side where the airbox is seems to be the one that stumps everyone. Some folks say, just reach down and take some skin off your knuckles, to removing the airbox to get at the light, to removing the whole grill and taking out the light assembly (not my first choice!).

I was looking to remove the airbox but thought I would check in first before undoing something I might regret later. I take it the airbox is bolted on via three 10mm bolts located in the wheel arch? Also, is there some other you beaut way I've not read about that does not involve removing the airbox?

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Pete

kevin07
6th April 2015, 05:28 PM
yeh get your hand in there although my hand doesn't fit a mate of mine done mine.

the evil twin
6th April 2015, 06:25 PM
'Pain builds Character'

It's a right of passage on the road of Patrol ownership... have a bottle of Betadine and some Band-Aids ready, take a deep breath and go for it.

kevin07
6th April 2015, 07:10 PM
'Pain builds Character'

It's a right of passage on the road of Patrol ownership... have a bottle of Betadine and some Band-Aids ready, take a deep breath and go for it.

yes et im scarred from my fingers to my elbows modding my gu god some hurt.

Sir Roofy
6th April 2015, 08:34 PM
'Pain builds Character'

Your right ET theres dry blood on and under my GU

Bigcol
6th April 2015, 09:25 PM
thats why my left hand head light goes on
then off
then on
then off

and thats WITHOUT using the switch
maybe one day I will fix.......

Hodge
6th April 2015, 09:47 PM
Forget losing skin.

Remove the headlight completely. It really is super quick. 3 bolts each side, with a 10mm socket and it's out. And that way you can see exactly how you're slotting in the globe and how that spring clamp works. No removing airboxes etc... All bolts are easily accessible.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56908&stc=1

LaughingBeagles
7th April 2015, 12:59 AM
Thanks ET, sounds like a right of passage.

Hodge, will give it a go, thanks mate.

cltchrystal
15th January 2016, 02:34 AM
Hi all,
Newbie here, just got my Patrol and want to change my light bulbs, I also want to go in through the front as I have no room on both sides, I want to get the plastic bolts holding the grill off, "how do you get these off", they are whats stopping me from being able to do this the easy way. this might sound like a stupid question but I really have no clue, do you break them and then replace them ??

LaughingBeagles
19th January 2016, 02:03 AM
Mate, as I remove the grill every now and then, I just busted off the plastic lugs along the top and use cable ties to re-secure. Will post a pic ASAP. Suffice to say, it is much easier than those lugs.

Tap tap tap

Hodge
19th January 2016, 07:46 AM
X2 Beagles
I just use zippy ties as well. Sick for breaking those stupid clips.

Tapatalked from S6

TimE
19th January 2016, 09:55 AM
Hi all,
Newbie here, just got my Patrol and want to change my light bulbs, I also want to go in through the front as I have no room on both sides, I want to get the plastic bolts holding the grill off, "how do you get these off", they are whats stopping me from being able to do this the easy way. this might sound like a stupid question but I really have no clue, do you break them and then replace them ??

Just use a screw driver blade to lever the centre "button" up from the "claw" body of the clip, once you have removed the centre button you can pull the rest of the clip easily.

If you do break a clip you can get replacements from Supercheap. My replacements where slightly larger than the hole, a quick ream with the drill and all is good. As mentioned above I have used the old cable tie method before, works fine.

Kimbo63
19th January 2016, 12:41 PM
Hi all here is a good place to get all them clips save using ugly zip ties http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Nissan_Infiniti_Clips_Fasteners_Retainers_s/14.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=14&show=45&page=5