PDA

View Full Version : G'day

Bruza
19th March 2011, 08:01 PM
Been a lurker for a while, like the 'good nature' and help offered here.
Have knocked around in the bush for many years, both working and touring.
My vehicle is a GQ DT42 with DTS Turbo, and pretty well set up for touring (but does it ever end?:) )
I really like to DIY, both fabricating and mechanical , still plenty to learn though.

Thanks for havin' me.
Cheers,
Bruza.

Maxhead
19th March 2011, 08:36 PM
G'Day Bruza. Welcome to the forum mate. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.....enjoy

YNOT
19th March 2011, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the forum Bruza, where's home for you?

Tony

Maxhead
19th March 2011, 08:55 PM
Love the avatar by the way!

Finly Owner
19th March 2011, 09:07 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Bruza, as Tony asked wher in SEQ r u? and c'mon pics please?

Tim

Dhuck
19th March 2011, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
19th March 2011, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the forum Bruza, glad you made intro mate!

Feel fre to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bigrig
19th March 2011, 10:35 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard and great intro. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum mate, so don't be shy and get amongst the conversations to make the most of it. Sounds like we'll be asking you the questions ... well, me at least as I've got two left hands! Enjoy!

Clunk
20th March 2011, 12:51 AM
g'day Bruza, welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
20th March 2011, 08:06 AM
Gday Bruza good mob on board here with good helpful advice

Bob
20th March 2011, 08:27 AM
Welcome Bruzza. Join in and enjoy

Bruza
20th March 2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks heaps for the welcomes.
I live west of Laidley, Lockyer Valley.

Having a little trouble sizing photos.

Cheers.

Bigrig
20th March 2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks heaps for the welcomes.
I live west of Laidley, Lockyer Valley.

Having a little trouble sizing photos.

Cheers.

How did you fare in the floods mate?? There is a thread in here somewhere regarding resizing photos - would grab it for you, but don't know how to do it on tapatalk on my iPhone!

Dhuck
20th March 2011, 10:14 AM
How did you fare in the floods mate?? There is a thread in here somewhere regarding resizing photos - would grab it for you, but don't know how to do it on tapatalk on my iPhone!

nanananana "tapatalk on my iPhone!" LOL

Bigrig
20th March 2011, 10:36 AM
nanananana "tapatalk on my iPhone!" LOL

At risk of hi-jacking and getting reprimanded from the powers that be ... go "F" yourself!!! LOL ... I love my tapatalk!!!

Sorry Bruza - won't hijack again! lol

Bruza
20th March 2011, 11:40 AM
No worries, I will probably be guilty of hijacking at some time, lol.

We had no real problems with the flooding here, as we are on a hill, the hill did become an island though.
Sitting on the veranda watching Sea Kings and Blackhawks doing numerous runs to the lower parts of the community, did demonstrate others were not so fortunate.
Not being able to do a thing about their plight, was our only misgiving.

nowoolies
20th March 2011, 12:17 PM
g`day Bruza
welcome on board mate heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info enjoy
nowoolies
Paul

Bigrig
20th March 2011, 02:36 PM
No worries, I will probably be guilty of hijacking at some time, lol.

We had no real problems with the flooding here, as we are on a hill, the hill did become an island though.
Sitting on the veranda watching Sea Kings and Blackhawks doing numerous runs to the lower parts of the community, did demonstrate others were not so fortunate.
Not being able to do a thing about their plight, was our only misgiving.

Glad you fared OK mate. She's going to be a long mop up exercise.

big_fletch
20th March 2011, 06:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great to nave another member aboard

Fletcha

DX grunt
20th March 2011, 09:12 PM
G'day Bruza

Welcome to the 4.2 TDi club. lol. Great to have you onboard. Any pics you wanna share?

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Bruza
21st March 2011, 10:19 AM
This is a pic of our touring set up, last year.
It's at Arthur Ck, a seasonally dry creek about half(ish) way between the Alice and Boulia, on the Plenty.
We pulled in for an over night stay and liked the ambiance.
Said to the missus; "if we had water we could stay awhile". That evening it started to rain, so we out with buckets etc., to capture every precious drop.

Next morning I went for a stroll down the creek bed with a long handle shovel with the purpose of finding more water, trying to ignore the dubious look from the missus.
To her surprise (and quietly, mine) I returned an hour later with three quarters of a billy full of water, albeit cloudy red, from the remitting clay.

That evening, another stroll to my well, this time with the shovel full of white ash from the Gidgee fire, with another baffled look from the hand brake.
Returning next morning from 'the well' with a billy full of crystal clear drinking water, ensured a week long stay.
Grateful for listening to the words of the old Murray's, in my youth.

timbar
21st March 2011, 12:19 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

daccers
21st March 2011, 02:36 PM
Welcome Bruza! Looks like you have a sweet set up there!!

damianovdd
21st March 2011, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Bruza.

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:23 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul

wildgu6
4th May 2011, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard buddy,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Dark 1
4th May 2011, 09:23 PM
Welcome mate have a poke around & join in when your ready.