PDA

View Full Version : gq sway bar onto GU

luvpsi
3rd April 2015, 11:58 PM
hi i just recently bought a GU patrol ute however it has a 4 inch lift which I'm dropping back down to a 3 inch. the sway bars have been removed and i want to put one back in the rear. i have a GQ wagon rear sway bar sitting in my shed. i was wondering if this would fit with extended links as it handles terrible without it front I'm not so fussed about just rear as it won't sit straight on the road. before you ask it desnt have correct castor correction hence why I'm dropping it down to a 3inch so i can save on having to get trailing arms etc

Clunk
4th April 2015, 10:24 AM
Really not sure if the fixing points will be in the same place due to the length of the diff being longer than a gq. Suppose you could always just line it up to see

boots
4th April 2015, 06:00 PM
Front GQ sway bars are smaller in size to a GU and mounting brackets different size. not sure about rear but just guessing they would be different.

liftlid
5th April 2015, 09:44 AM
It will go on the rear, you just need the brackets and bushes for the diff, the gu links are different from a gq so you would just need to sort those