PDA

View Full Version : moving some stuff around

aj_vmax
29th March 2015, 05:09 PM
Hello guys and girls, I have a quick question. I am wondering if I can shorten the hose length for the clutch servo. One end of the vacuum hose goes from the inlet manifold on the drives side across to the passengers side into a canister than back to the drivers side into the clutch servo. The problem i have is the canister is in the way of my duel battery Set up. I have found a nice little hole the canister can sit in next to the brake master cylinder. But I am cutting about 1.5mtrs of hose out. Does this matter, does it give it more vacuum to the clutch servo being a bad thing
Please help
Aj

BigRAWesty
29th March 2015, 05:19 PM
Hello guys and girls, I have a quick question. I am wondering if I can shorten the hose length for the clutch servo. One end of the vacuum hose goes from the inlet manifold on the drives side across to the passengers side into a canister than back to the drivers side into the clutch servo. The problem i have is the canister is in the way of my duel battery Set up. I have found a nice little hole the canister can sit in next to the brake master cylinder. But I am cutting about 1.5mtrs of hose out. Does this matter, does it give it more vacuum to the clutch servo being a bad thing Please help Aj

Why not??
Mud runner has recently relocated his whole fuel filter system to the drivers side as its in the same boat. A whole lot of extra hose for no reason.

aj_vmax
29th March 2015, 06:26 PM
Do u think it will increase the vacuum or not

mjr350
29th March 2015, 06:50 PM
No. The engine is responsible for vacuum and nothing other than the engine its self will increase vacuum. All you can do is reduce it with leaks so you'll be sweet.
The clutch servo would be able to handle the max amount of vacuum that the engine can produce.

aj_vmax
29th March 2015, 07:04 PM
Thank you mjr350 and biggqwesty it's just one of those things u just don't want to stuff up and cost u heaps lol
Thanks again