PDA

View Full Version : Modifications required for a 2inch body lift swb

Porkeh
26th March 2015, 09:45 AM
hey guys, I've tried finding other threads that had answers for a body lift on swb gq's but had no luck so I was hoping anyone who has done 2 inch body lift on a swb gq could shed some light on what would have to be modified as some people say this some say that (shifters need to be cut, radiator supports moved ?) but if someone who has done it could say what exactly has to be done in order for it to work out that would be awesome, and if it was worth it in the end
Cheers Alex

Rossco
26th March 2015, 10:50 AM
Hi mate, I have a body lift on my GQ LWB, although there's not much difference between SWB and LWB apart from an extra pair of body mounts on the LWB.

I did not move the radiator, just removed the bottom bit off the cowling, haven't had any problem with cooling. I haven't seen anyone move the radiator down, looks like it would be a bit of dicking around. You will have to trim a little around the 4WD lever (low range end) but that's pretty easy. Also check brake and clutch lines, any wiring and fuel hoses as you do it, may have to adjust or get longer lines if needed, most likely will be OK tho. You will need to loosen steering column on the spline to allow it to move a little then check and tighten. The rear body mount bolts are loctited into the captive nuts and can be a pain to get out and end up breaking the captive nut inside the body which is a pain as you will have to hack the body to get them out. Give them a good soak beforehand with crc, tap with a hammer and maybe some heat as well, should help.

Don't forget that you'll have to adjust all your barwork as well, so if you decide to do it is a bit of a commitment, personal choice really.

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2015, 03:54 PM
Don't forget that you'll have to adjust all your barwork as well, so if you decide to do it is a bit of a commitment, personal choice really.

hahaha I never adjusted my front bar 2 suit my 2inch lift and won't unless the cops try and ping me for it.....Been in the for at least 12 years now and gotten use 2 how it looks

x2 on everything else he said and easy 2 do

Clunk
26th March 2015, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Rossco (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=591167)

hahaha I never adjusted my front bar 2 suit my 2inch lift and won't unless the cops try and ping me for it.....Been in the for at least 12 years now and gotten use 2 how it looks

x2 on everything else he said and easy 2 do
Won't you actually have to drive it to get pinged?lol

Sent from my SM-N910G using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2015, 05:14 PM
Won't you actually have to drive it to get pinged?lol

Sent from my SM-N910G using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

hahaha, when it was on the road, never got pinged for my 4 inch lift, no rear sway bar, no mud flaps and no flares either :)