PDA

View Full Version : Sadly only one dog now

threedogs
21st March 2015, 11:17 AM
Yeah Tyson had a fit and had to be put down, who ever says this is easy Id like to meet him.
Tyson was a blue pitbull cross with not a bad bone in his body, loved ppl and other dogs as well.
So thats now Jack, Crooza and Tyson gone, only Billy left. boy how sad can you get over a dog
Ty was 6.5 yrs old

4bye4
21st March 2015, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear that mate. Had to have mine put down a few years ago and your right it's not easy.
Better than them suffering though. My guy, Banjo, just got to old. Trouble breathing and moving. Hardest thing was the life in his eyes still when his body had given up.
Phew, anyway sorry to hear it mate.

growler2058
21st March 2015, 11:38 AM
Sorry to hear it mate

Avo
21st March 2015, 11:48 AM
Bugger,sorry to hear 3D

SonOf
21st March 2015, 11:55 AM
Sorry to hear it, think it comes from their unconditional trust and love in their owners.

Mate the guy whoever says it is easy is most likely a serial killer anyway & not someone you want to meet. Keep telling my better half when we are culling our livestock that if she ever see's me smiling it is time to run as I am no longer human!

Hodge
21st March 2015, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear John. Always sad to lose a close mate.

mudnut
21st March 2015, 12:35 PM
That is very sad news, mate. It is amazing how dogs capture your heart.

jay see
21st March 2015, 12:54 PM
Yep. Heartbreaking news sorry to hear
I found our dog one morning in the middle of the yard. One of the hardest thing to do was to tell my wife and kids, especially the oldest, they grew up together. He asked me if we could bury him in the back yard so he will always be with us and can I help this from a 10 year old kid.

threedogs
21st March 2015, 01:18 PM
sorry still in tears must of been a bond there I never knew about,
absolutely gutted ATM, thanks for all your kind thoughts, I didnt
think Tyson would mean so much as he was my eldest sons dog that got lumped on us .
He truley was an awesome dog,

paulyg
21st March 2015, 02:03 PM
The little buggers get into your heart, then break it when they pass on,
I lost three mates in 12 months, cant bring myself to get another one yet.

the evil twin
21st March 2015, 02:04 PM
Devo'd for mate...
Just remember, all Dogs go to Heaven and it's an even better one than ours, it's the Law.
Nature should have allowed Dogs to live to a hundred and eleventy I reckon.

Chewy and I are inseperable, can't imagine being without him.

Stropp
21st March 2015, 02:27 PM
sorry to hear that john.

mudski
21st March 2015, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss John. Seeing this dog myself, he did have great character. I remember that solid lump just bowling me over every time he saw another person and got all exited. Its never good when a pet dies. What ever it may be.

threedogs
21st March 2015, 03:46 PM
The little buggers get into your heart, then break it when they pass on,
I lost three mates in 12 months, cant bring myself to get another one yet.

Will be awhile for me as well, hurts too much,

Family4x4
21st March 2015, 03:48 PM
Condolences John.

93patrol
21st March 2015, 03:52 PM
Sorry to hear about Tyson mate. I hate putting animals down

MEGOMONSTER
21st March 2015, 04:04 PM
Oh no, sorry to hear that John, such a young dog too.

Patrol'n
21st March 2015, 08:37 PM
Geez John, very sorry to hear that mate, I still miss our golden Lab from when I was a kid, I remember my old man coming home with just our dogs lead in his hand. Only time I've ever seen him with tears in his eyes.

BigRAWesty
21st March 2015, 08:38 PM
Geeze mate. What a run you've had.
Can't imagine how ya feel.
Having a brew for him.

jack
21st March 2015, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear John, I know how you'll miss him. Just remember you did the best for him and made the right decision.

TroutNut
21st March 2015, 09:36 PM
I feel for you mate, sorry to hear it. He looked like a tough little champ.

TPC
22nd March 2015, 05:31 AM
Very sorry to hear this John, that was way too young.
My dog is 12 and still going strong.

lucus30
22nd March 2015, 07:28 AM
Mate that sucks. Its never ever easy. Dogs are a mans best friend I truely believe it. Just remember the good life you gave him and I'd be guessing how spoilt rotten he was

Woof
22nd March 2015, 07:48 AM
So sorry to hear this mate, one thing that helps me get through times like this is remembering what a great life they had with me, as Tyson had with you and your family.

threedogs
22nd March 2015, 08:22 AM
Unfortunately there was nothing we could do it was under advice from the vet.
We woke to find Tyson convulsing violently, he has done it before and that only
lasted 10 mins, this went on forever, the right decision was made hurtfull as it was.
Even my Galah Basil knows something is different, very empty feeling around the house today.
again thanks to all for the thoughts, good to see other dog lovers and animals lovers in general
on the forum

DX grunt
22nd March 2015, 02:00 PM
Condolences, John. RIP Tyson.

Rossco

Sir Roofy
22nd March 2015, 05:19 PM
Sorry to hear mate did meet him once

threedogs
22nd March 2015, 05:20 PM
Sorry to hear mate did meet him once

Yeah Im gutted ATM

Sir Roofy
22nd March 2015, 05:22 PM
yeah im gutted atm

chin up mate we got more fishing to do before winter sets in

AB
22nd March 2015, 05:28 PM
Yeah bugger sorry to hear that John!!!

threedogs
22nd March 2015, 05:28 PM
was just thinking that today as a matter of fact

Winnie
22nd March 2015, 05:35 PM
Sorry to hear John.

Alitis007
22nd March 2015, 05:58 PM
Sorry for your loss john

Bob
22nd March 2015, 06:06 PM
Jeez mate that is no good.
I know what you thought of your dogs and feel for you

krbrooking
22nd March 2015, 06:09 PM
So so sorry to hear John. It is tuff to loose pets. They are still part of the family after all.
My thoughts are with you mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Cuppa
22nd March 2015, 08:35 PM
Somehow their loss always hurts more than expected - tears are ok mate. Bye Tyson.

threedogs
23rd March 2015, 09:12 AM
Thanks again to everyone ,certainly not the same around here thats for sure.
oh well time heals so they say, but boy do I miss him

Clunk
23rd March 2015, 03:00 PM
Just seen this, sorry to read the news TD. Heart breaking news indeed

Potsy
23rd March 2015, 10:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss TD, so cruel that we can live to 90 but one of the greatest friends a person can have will last a fraction of that at best. I'm sure any dog lover would agree that having to put one of there dogs down is more than enough for one lifetime.
It can never fix it but hopefully the overwhelming support on the forum here will help somewhat.
All the best, potsy.

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2015, 07:21 AM
You know how I feel about this situation John..... its bloody hard and I feel for you.. I still morn and its been 5 years now.

doka404
24th March 2015, 09:09 AM
Mate so sorry to hear this..I know how much those furry little buggers can mean to you..

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

jonez911
24th March 2015, 12:08 PM
no good john! never easy pooches are better than most people!

Dman2603
24th March 2015, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear mate! A year ago I wouldn't have understood how much a dog (in particular) means to someone! But after having my little fur baby for only a year I now understand! They are literally like a child! I know there isn't anything any of us can say to make it any easier but as everyone has stated he had the best life he could of had with you & you will never forget him! Although you are still mourning just remember all the good times you had! The stupid things he did that cracked you up! The commands he obeyed & that cute awesome little smile he gave you as he looked up at his master with adoring love & respect!!

The pain will ease but the memories will never be forgotten!

Good luck mate & RIP Tyson

dads tractor
28th March 2015, 06:04 PM
Mate sorry for your loss I understand some of what your going through I had to take Choppy the white Bull Arab down to the Vet for the Green Dream as he was full of cancer .I sat on the floor with his head on my legs as he got the needle and he just looked at me and had that trust that said thanks .

threedogs
29th March 2015, 01:32 PM
thanks all the missus is still in tears , but as most say time heals and it is
slowly as that maybe.

Yendor
30th March 2015, 06:43 PM
Sorry for your loss mate. I had to put my best mate down about 3 years ago and I'm only just starting to think about getting another dog now.

Taffylad
21st April 2015, 05:03 PM
God mate, that brought a tear to my eye. Makes me think of my dog who's only 3 right now (Border Collie, Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross). Plenty of years left in her but I know one day she'll be gone and I know it's gonna hit me hard. Thanks for the post :-)

threedogs
21st April 2015, 05:09 PM
still brings me to tears thinking of him, again thanks for your thoughts