PDA

View Full Version : The silly question thread

threedogs
20th March 2015, 01:03 PM
Now there is a thread for those things that you thought were too silly to ask.
Not hat there is such a thing on this forum.

Ill' kick it off as I'm mounting a 3 gauge pod to the dash about mid way
it will be velcroed to a dash mat[yet to arrive].
My question is other than figure 8 twin can you get say 6 wires that are joined but flat
ribbon style?? That way it will lay flat under the dash mat

4bye4
20th March 2015, 01:15 PM
Now there is a thread for those things that you thought were too silly to ask.
Not hat there is such a thing on this forum.

Ill' kick it off as I'm mounting a 3 gauge pod to the dash about mid way
it will be velcroed to a dash mat[yet to arrive].
My question is other than figure 8 twin can you get say 6 wires that are joined but flat
ribbon style?? That way it will lay flat under the dash mat

You can get this stuff. http://www.jaycar.com.au/Wire,-Cable-%26-Accessories/Communication-Cable/Telephone/3-Pair-%286-wire%29-Telephone-Cable/p/WB1622 Depends what current you want to carry.
Also try Ashdown Ingram.

TroutNut
20th March 2015, 01:18 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2M-10-way-flat-ribbon-cable-1-27mm-26AWG-300V-1007-New-/140892124400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20cdd334f0
There's a quick example using my google expert powers. You'd have to find something in the ampage rating you're after. Lots of those old computer towers laying around have ribbon cords in them, but usually in short lengths.

It good to have a silly question thread, I may be asking a few of those. Asking a silly question saves making a silly mistake.

lucus30
20th March 2015, 01:19 PM
I've got some flat cat5 around you can have. Would carry small current fine

Winnie
20th March 2015, 01:21 PM
Yes you can, it's called ribbon cable. Probably no good for a vehicle situation though as the strands are thick and will break with vibration.

threedogs
20th March 2015, 01:38 PM
WoW great response thanks its only to power 3 gauges
thinking they wouldnt need huge cable to power them
might have to tape some fig8 side by side

Winnie
20th March 2015, 01:53 PM
That's what I would do John, Cat5 is probably okay for use but definitely do not use telephone cable. I know you are not the type of person who wants to have to do a job over and over.

threedogs
20th March 2015, 02:00 PM
correct first time the right way hopefully thanks again Winnie,
Telephone wire wont cut it I'd see what they have at the airport
but all my mates have taken the big handshake gggrrrrrr

the evil twin
20th March 2015, 02:59 PM
Why don't chickens have lips?

threedogs
20th March 2015, 03:18 PM
Not too silly hope you find an aswer

mudnut
20th March 2015, 03:24 PM
Why doesn't this great country only have two-tiered government?

4bye4
20th March 2015, 03:26 PM
Why doesn't this great country only have two-tiered government?

How many would you like?

threedogs
20th March 2015, 03:29 PM
Seeing as my son buggered the two USB outlet on my laptop is there
any other way to get pics from my phone to the laptop, and we all know
how hopeless I'm at with computers

mudnut
20th March 2015, 03:32 PM
We've got three, Save billions: absorb the state governments into the federal and just have shire/city councils.

Winnie
20th March 2015, 03:36 PM

What type of phone do you have? If you have an Android phone, look up "airdroid" it goes through your wifi. I use it all the time because I don't have to get up and find a lead lol...

4bye4
20th March 2015, 03:45 PM
We've got three, Save billions: absorb the state governments into the federal and just have shire/city councils.

That would only start a war between the big states and smaller states. They are all useless boxtickers anyway. It wouldn't matter how many tiers you have, it would still be inefficient and soak up mega dollars in organisation.
we may as well invade New Zealand and make them another state. United Southern StatesRepublic.

mudnut
20th March 2015, 03:50 PM
That's why I asked the silly question.

4bye4
20th March 2015, 03:52 PM
That's why I asked the silly question.

LOL I still think we should invade NZ:p

threedogs
20th March 2015, 04:04 PM
What type of phone do you have? If you have an Android phone, look up "airdroid" it goes through your wifi. I use it all the time because I don't have to get up and find a lead lol...

samsung 3 is that OK no idea on funtions though but have seen Wi Fi on it lol
wouldnt I need to down load some kind of App first to accept it

I can email myself but seems the long way around to do it

Winnie
20th March 2015, 04:23 PM
Yes Airdroid is an app. Do you have wifi at your house? Do you have to plug your laptop in to get the internet?

the evil twin
20th March 2015, 04:31 PM
What would a chair look like if our knees were on the back of our legs?

(If you can name the TV show that was asked in you get a choccky frog)

threedogs
20th March 2015, 05:14 PM
@ Winnie its wireless , as in I dont plug in anything just log in and away I go.
I had a USB bluetooth device and when number one son put it down pushed the USB in and caused the device to short.
Number two son is pretty good with pooters, Ill get him to pull it apart and put it back where it should be.
Hes been pulling Pooters apart and fixing them for another guy since he was 14, cluey big shite he is

mudnut
20th March 2015, 05:24 PM
Was that question asked on QI, ET?

the evil twin
20th March 2015, 05:27 PM
Was that question asked on QI, ET?

Nope... cold as ice

(Hint, the sheila who asked it was extremely hot... nom nom nom)

katwoman
20th March 2015, 06:06 PM

Beaks the hell outta me..

katwoman
20th March 2015, 06:07 PM

There's also an app called 'shoebox'. It automatically updates photos when the phone/computer are in bluetooth range.

the evil twin
20th March 2015, 07:32 PM
Beaks the hell outta me..

Eggzactly...

Punderhead
20th March 2015, 07:50 PM

Dunno, but stop being such a sticky beak!

4bye4
20th March 2015, 08:03 PM

So they can't whistle when they are crossing the road.

the evil twin
20th March 2015, 08:20 PM
So they can't whistle when they are crossing the road.

Thats nothing to crow about...

mudnut
20th March 2015, 08:22 PM
Beakause they're birds.

AB
20th March 2015, 08:42 PM
Ooow silly question thread. My time to shine ;)

So everyone knows of my fantastic 12v pump system i put in the gq with the 20 litre tank and quick release fittings bla bla. :)

I would love to have a tap hooked up to our wash basin we use in the annex of the camper but obviously a 20 litre tank in the back will be annoying to fill up when settled in camp for a week.

Can I have a t piece on the inlet side of pump with ball valves etc to switch intake and just throw a hose in a bucket next to the car when long camping stays?

The pump is self priming of course but would have 1.2m of height from the external tank to draw from?

Will this even work to draw up from that height or ruin the pump?

4bye4
20th March 2015, 09:19 PM
How about a red back waterproof roof rack bag that you could fill with water and gravity fed the camper basin. When it was empty you could use it for carrying "stuff".

Winnie
20th March 2015, 09:26 PM
How about a red back waterproof roof rack bag that you could fill with water and gravity fed the camper basin. When it was empty you could use it for carrying "stuff".

What if somebody made a much bigger bag than the redback bag, made out of the same material. So big you would put it on the roof to put your fear in and it would stay dry and dust free... Money maker there! Or just a silly idea?

Stropp
20th March 2015, 09:30 PM
What if somebody made a much bigger bag than the redback bag, made out of the same material. So big you would put it on the roof to put your fear in and it would stay dry and dust free... Money maker there! Or just a silly idea?

I fear that won't happen lol but maybe someone will make a bag to put gear in ?

Mjcpatrol
22nd March 2015, 08:53 PM
Don't ask don't get

DX grunt
22nd March 2015, 09:20 PM
Is there an easy way to learn how to use a multi meter? There are so many numbers on the dial.

Can you zap yourself or fry wiring with a multi meter?

All I know how to do is to check the car battery voltage and the 1.5 v batteries. lol.

Rossco

Edit: I will only be using it on my 12V vehicle.

93patrol
22nd March 2015, 11:36 PM
All I know about them is don't use anything but volts on a powered system. It will fry the multimeter apparently

SonOf
23rd March 2015, 07:10 AM
Which way is the correct way to hang the dunny paper. Sheet running over the top facing front or from behind?

Winnie
23rd March 2015, 07:46 AM
Which way is the correct way to hang the dunny paper. Sheet running over the top facing front or from behind?

Over......

http://bgr.com/2015/03/19/toilet-paper-over-or-under/

mjr350
23rd March 2015, 08:30 AM
Where do babies come from?

Bob
23rd March 2015, 08:34 AM
Where do babies come from?

Mum & Dad never actually answered that question for me LOL

mjr350
23rd March 2015, 08:34 AM
All I know about them is don't use anything but volts on a powered system. It will fry the multimeter apparently

They do have a fuse or 2 but thats usually for the amp setting.
I destroyed one trying to see how much voltage my high frequency TIG was throwing out. Something went fizz bang pop and that nice burning electrical component smell filled the air.

mjr350
23rd March 2015, 08:36 AM

Its sheet running over the top but apparently the best way is coming from behind because you can see spiders that are hiding before it's too late.

mudnut
23rd March 2015, 09:35 AM
They do have a fuse or 2 but thats usually for the amp setting.
I destroyed one trying to see how much voltage my high frequency TIG was throwing out. Something went fizz bang pop and that nice burning electrical component smell filled the air.

As far as I know, the HF TIG have a very high voltage (1000 volts or more) on start up so an arc develops to prevent the electrode from touching the material to be welded. It was designed to weld aluminium. Once the arc is established, the volts drop and the current takes over.

SonOf
23rd March 2015, 10:54 AM
Its sheet running over the top but apparently the best way is coming from behind because you can see spiders that are hiding before it's too late.

I used to work with a girl who would change the rolls around if they were running over the top facing front. She did it at a few colleages places, we all thought is was funny. Personally I just want it there!

the evil twin
23rd March 2015, 11:25 AM

Neither...

Toilet paper should always hang lengthwise IE along the washing line.

It is so weak when it comes out of the washing machine that it doesn't matter if you hang it front or behind it will tear for sure as soon as you try and peg it out.

mjr350
23rd March 2015, 12:12 PM
There's always one

the evil twin
23rd March 2015, 12:21 PM
There's always one

Pfft... you should see what happens if someone has a brain fart and puts it in the dryer

Looks like an Elephant sneezed in a tin cup.

katwoman
23rd March 2015, 12:37 PM
Pfft... you should see what happens if someone has a brain fart and puts it in the dryer Looks like an Elephant sneezed in a tin cup.

You're funny.

mudnut
23rd March 2015, 12:37 PM
You're doing it the hard way ET. If you want to recycle your toilet paper, just hang it up and belt the s%&t out of it...

4bye4
23rd March 2015, 12:47 PM
Should you iron it or just roll it back up?

mudnut
23rd March 2015, 01:13 PM
Should you iron it or just roll it back up?

And if the perforations don't line up, just use you sewing machine to make new lines. (As per the comedy show: One Foot In The Grave).

the evil twin
23rd March 2015, 02:06 PM
You're funny.

Thanks kiddo

(see you in the happy thread?)

mudnut
6th June 2016, 10:47 AM
I have been toying with the idea of replacing my Camper trailer's axle with a complete front GQ axle.

This way I can run the old style Hydraulic brakes.

I want to fit an air driven or hydraulic driven motor to the diff.

This way I could move and also recover the trailer.

It could also help to power the set up through tough terrain and up steep hills.

It might also be set up as a descent brake, so the pads and discs don't get hot and fade.

I wonder if it would have to be registered as a motor vehicle.

Touses
6th June 2016, 11:48 AM
That's not a silly question. The whole thing is a stoopid statement. You're in the wrong thread!

Please see the 'It makes perfect sense to me I'm a Victorian!' thread. Bahahaha

threedogs
6th June 2016, 01:25 PM
seems a lot of work for little return, whats wrong with 10" electric brakes, I welded a rear
receiver onto my camper if need be to recover, Even for long term remote touring I cant see the
value of it, sounds good on paper though
What weight trailer you talking about mate.??

mudnut
6th June 2016, 02:08 PM
You remember my home-made camper don't you? Anyways, I thought it would be a good way to carry spares:P

BigRAWesty
6th June 2016, 07:53 PM
The problem with a front gq diff is..
Knuckle joints..
You'll have to fix these..
Shafts..
They are supported by the diff center..
Imo..
What's wrong with a skid plate for the hitch.
If you need to recover it add the hitch skid plate and drag it out..

Now the "extra drive"?
How will you start and control this drive?
When your in shit and contemplating a second drive you've clearly gone to far..
But more importantly are you going to risk it all to jump out, engage hubs and start whatever power sorce you have for the extra axle?

Then there's all that weight hauling around for the sake of a few spares..
But say you do brake a cv joint 2nd day of your 10 day trip??
Your going to leave your camper??
Either way in that setup something is going home on a trailer..

Imo it's much easier to carry a spare long and short cv and a few sets of bearings.. including trailer stub axles..

mudski
6th June 2016, 09:24 PM
Get yourself a motorized jockey wheel so you can move the trailer around.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

mudnut
6th June 2016, 09:51 PM
I love the serious replies. We think way too much:)

Chubba
6th June 2016, 09:53 PM
The man just came up with an idea. Maybe it needs some work on the details
But I think having some form of power to the trailer wheels would be a pretty good thing.

Details, details mere details. Fu the nay sayers.

mudnut
6th June 2016, 09:55 PM
Instead of a spare wheel bracket, i have already mounted a complete stub axle with bearings to hold the hub and spare, (Falcon rims) so at worst I need a grinder and welder to get going again. Purchasing a 12v welder and air operated grinder is on my to do list.

nissannewby
6th June 2016, 09:59 PM
Far easier to do than you probably think. Use a rear diff though one from a leaf rear patrol of some sort to make mounting under a trailer easier. The drive part is easy. Use an engine driven hyd pump with a nice basic circuit and a cheap little motor mounted to the diff pinion and away you go.

mudnut
6th June 2016, 10:56 PM
I thought the front hubs would be easier so fuel wasn't being wasted. Just lock 'em in when you do the front ones. Have a control panel on the dash so you don't have to even get out to run it. Lock the tie rod in so the tyres are straight and use leaf springs mounted to the coil spring seats.

garett
7th June 2016, 09:31 AM
I have been toying with the idea of replacing my Camper trailer's axle with a complete front GQ axle.

This way I can run the old style Hydraulic brakes.

I want to fit an air driven or hydraulic driven motor to the diff.

This way I could move and also recover the trailer.

It could also help to power the set up through tough terrain and up steep hills.

It might also be set up as a descent brake, so the pads and discs don't get hot and fade.

I wonder if it would have to be registered as a motor vehicle.

land rover has been here already... i think they set up a pto. to drive the trailer axle.

mudnut
7th June 2016, 09:45 AM
I thought I had seen the idea else where, Many, many many moons ago. See, I am not as silly as I look:)

Touses
7th June 2016, 10:01 AM
land rover has been here already... i think they set up a pto. to drive the trailer axle.

You're absolutely correct and it was a disaster. Someone else tried it a number of years back as well,remember seeing it on the box.

The trailer ended up bringing them undone in an awful way, wouldn't behave under brakes and at one point actually jackknifed itself in a boggy situation.

If you're seriously considering this mudnut the footage may still be available for the sake of a google search.

Christ only knows how you would word it though!

taslucas
7th June 2016, 10:58 AM
http://www.fliegl-agrartechnik.de/drive-axle-powerdriveelect/150/2234/1591/

>>>tappin from tassie

taslucas
7th June 2016, 10:59 AM
http://www.multidrivevehicles.com/products/forestry-timber-logging-equipment/driven-trailer/

Down side is that set up uses a drive through diff on the vehicle but still interesting to look at

>>>tappin from tassie

mudnut
7th June 2016, 11:12 AM
You're absolutely correct and it was a disaster. Someone else tried it a number of years back as well,remember seeing it on the box.

The trailer ended up bringing them undone in an awful way, wouldn't behave under brakes and at one point actually jackknifed itself in a boggy situation.

If you're seriously considering this mudnut the footage may still be available for the sake of a google search.

Christ only knows how you would word it though!

The ability to control the speed of the drive separate to the tow vehicle would be good. I had a search and couldn't find the clip. Will keep trying though.

I know the some WWII motor bikes had drive fitted to their side cars.

taslucas
7th June 2016, 11:23 AM
Yamaha did a two wheel drive motorbike a few years back. I remember seeing it in the Dakar. Hydraulic drive to a hub on the front wheel. Giving 30% power continuosly.

>>>tappin from tassie

Touses
7th June 2016, 11:28 AM
The ability to control the speed of the drive separate to the tow vehicle would be good. I had a search and couldn't find the clip. Will keep trying though.

I know the some WWII motor bikes had drive fitted to their side cars.

Try Rubery Owen trailers. Will take you to pages with that and other pto driven trailers. Seems to be a still current use in the agricultural sector

but other uses seems to be an obsolete idea.

That said', it is enormously intriguing. Hell of an amount of engineering for recreational use tho.

mudnut
7th June 2016, 11:54 AM
Tried looking at trailer Jacknife and came up with this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgKvypPiUu8

Touses
7th June 2016, 11:59 AM
Tried looking at trailer Jacknife and came up with this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgKvypPiUu8

Funkanwagnell that is brilliant!

taslucas
7th June 2016, 12:41 PM
I liked the music the best

>>>tappin from tassie

Touses
7th June 2016, 12:42 PM
I liked the music the best

>>>tappin from tassie

I didn't hear any banjos?

taslucas
7th June 2016, 12:57 PM
You are a bit slow, you might have to watch it a few times

>>>tappin from tassie

GeeYou8
7th June 2016, 09:43 PM
Electric hub motors?
Could provide braking & assist, would need some smarts for traction control.
Still don't think it would be worth while.
Graham

Plasnart
7th June 2016, 11:07 PM
I didn't hear any banjos?

Did someone say banjos?? :D

Plasnart
7th June 2016, 11:24 PM
Try Rubery Owen trailers. Will take you to pages with that and other pto driven trailers. Seems to be a still current use in the agricultural sector

but other uses seems to be an obsolete idea.

That said', it is enormously intriguing. Hell of an amount of engineering for recreational use tho.

Can see the benefit for flat land use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIe0q5EL_V4

But can't see a link from Rubery Owen website to relevant info??

Always used to think a PTO powered trailer would be a good idea, and maybe it is on flat boggy ground, but can also see that it would be pretty dangerous tight, twisty inclines. (IMO).

Remember a video of 4 hard-linked 4x4s powering through bog but no idea where to find that now. That was impressive.

mudnut
7th June 2016, 11:49 PM
I like the vehicle, especially the 6wd.

MB
8th June 2016, 12:33 AM
I like the vehicle, especially the 6wd.

G'day Mudnut, this maybe our answer, early stages and a Tatt's ticket needed each I reckon but :-) http://www.multidrive.com.au/
Geelong too :-) !!

MB
8th June 2016, 12:37 AM
Whoops, bad link, trust me, they do Patrols too :-) !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
8th June 2016, 12:47 AM
Pretty sure this beast was on Gumtree/TP some years ago and I was lead to believe was done by Geelong blokes !
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/114.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/115.jpg

Touses
8th June 2016, 07:34 AM
Can see the benefit for flat land use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIe0q5EL_V4

But can't see a link from Rubery Owen website to relevant info??

Always used to think a PTO powered trailer would be a good idea, and maybe it is on flat boggy ground, but can also see that it would be pretty dangerous tight, twisty inclines. (IMO).

Remember a video of 4 hard-linked 4x4s powering through bog but no idea where to find that now. That was impressive.

My bad! Try videos of Rubery Owen trailers has links there to others in agricultural sit's.

taslucas
8th June 2016, 07:59 AM
Pretty sure this beast was on Gumtree/TP some years ago and I was lead to believe was done by Geelong blokes !
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/114.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/115.jpg

I saw that in a 4wd action mag. It would be so terrible off road

>>>tappin from tassie

MB
8th June 2016, 08:11 AM
Big Red maybe :-) !
https://youtu.be/DrUVMdkb4_k

threedogs
8th June 2016, 08:28 AM
I saw that in a 4wd action mag. It would be so terrible off road

>>>tappin from tassie

Same here not sure where that would be useful seems
touring, then again 6 wheels to maintain, looks great though.
different yes.not my cup of tea, lol

MB
8th June 2016, 08:29 AM
Check out the last 1 minute of footage, Patrol 8x8 passes by, ridiculous:-) !

threedogs
8th June 2016, 08:44 AM
Check out the last 1 minute of footage, Patrol 8x8 passes by, ridiculous:-) !

That is just insane ,,,what the,,, only in The Big Sand Pit 4.8 supercharged no doubt. lol
6.40 min mark lol

mudnut
8th June 2016, 09:54 AM
I love the name- dropping and comparisons in the multidrive vid.

Makka
8th June 2016, 03:49 PM
someone already said electric motors but i think it would be the best way servo controled of the accelarator peddle with the formula one tech now coming down in price ..........

oh i want jake brakes on my TD so it sounds like my C16 cat with sports mufflers and 8 inch sooters ........

threedogs
8th June 2016, 03:58 PM
someone already said electric motors but i think it would be the best way servo controled of the accelarator peddle with the formula one tech now coming down in price ..........

oh i want jake brakes on my TD so it sounds like my C16 cat with sports mufflers and 8 inch sooters ........

There was a mob years ago selling exhaust brakes for diesel 4x4s about $2500 from memory

Makka
8th June 2016, 05:07 PM
drool then when i got the big turbo and big zaust brap have to get a cat or cummins sticker for the windscreen:smileyvault-cute-bi

the evil twin
8th June 2016, 05:23 PM
drool then when i got the big turbo and big zaust brap have to get a cat or cummins sticker for the windscreen:smileyvault-cute-bi

I've got the Cat Mudflaps still working on the sticker

Makka
8th June 2016, 05:25 PM
dont wanna know bout ya flaps .......:bananadancing:

threedogs
8th June 2016, 05:31 PM

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CATERPILLAR-CAT-Decals-Set-of-4-TRUCK-VEHICLE-DECALS-/201014053751?hash=item2ecd5f0b77:g:ErkAAOSwoudW3o9 I

Here you go lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sexy-CAT-CHICK-Sticker-Decal-Caterpillar-Car-Ute-Truck-/252402406599?hash=item3ac45b14c7:g:gesAAOSwud1XANs N

the evil twin
8th June 2016, 05:35 PM

Carpet has to match the curtains mate...

Makka
8th June 2016, 05:52 PM
just seem one that sez pussy power .......mate had one on his kenworth said strokin tha pussy

GeeYou8
8th June 2016, 09:18 PM
someone already said electric motors but i think it would be the best way servo controled of the accelarator peddle with the formula one tech now coming down in price ...
What about measuring tow bar tension for assistance & compression for braking?
Graham

mudnut
8th June 2016, 11:10 PM
What about measuring tow bar tension for assistance & compression for braking?
Graham

Too easy. Just use an old style master cylinder for braking and a micro switch to a relay when power is needed. compression spring could give the unit a bit of flexibility.

GeeYou8
9th June 2016, 08:01 AM
Too easy. Just use an old style master cylinder for braking and a micro switch to a relay when power is needed. compression spring could give the unit a bit of flexibility.
I was thinking similar with a strain gauge for proportional control.
Graham

Makka
10th June 2016, 11:12 PM
hmmmmmm i remember dads old Boat trailer behind the hitch on the trailer had a slidy dovalacky with a peice of angle iron welded one side and a master the other side and drum brakes on the trailer. so under brakeing the dovalacky would allow the weight of the trailer to push forward causeing the brakes to work on the trailer. and he had a little lever that he flicked over to stop the brakes appling when reversing....... 70's tech

Touses
17th June 2016, 01:14 PM

Obvious! So they can't backchat the Oracle!

Touses
17th June 2016, 01:16 PM
What would a chair look like if our knees were on the back of our legs?

(If you can name the TV show that was asked in you get a choccky frog)

Taking a punt here. Ally McBeal?

mudnut
1st July 2016, 07:07 PM
Is it possible to fit all of the running gear from a wrecked GU TB 45 / 48 into a Q, but run a carby (Cheaper and easier) instead of the injection?

Winnie
1st July 2016, 07:11 PM
Don't know about the TB48, but it is definitely possible with the TB45.
Patrolapart do a kit for it, I think they use the TB42 carby on the 45.

BigRAWesty
1st July 2016, 07:24 PM
I'd say a loom change and plug in ecu is much easier to tune in a carby to an engine it's not made for..
And the benifits are beyond worth it imo..
If you going to the length of a tb into a rb then I'd do the loom, efi and ecu too..

mudnut
8th July 2016, 02:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M603ytZ2PUM

On the Patrol, there is a space, about 800 mm by 500 mm space between the chassis rail under the rear D/S passenger side. I saw this guy's track build and it has me thinking.
Hmmm. a tank tread ( a bit more heavy duty) just off centre, so if you belly out, just hit a button and the tread pushes down and you creep along. I wonder if it would work?