PDA

View Full Version : Relay moutning options

TD42_PWR
19th March 2015, 11:10 PM
Hi

Im going to wire up my spotlights this weekend and i want some ideas as to where to mount the relay. I was looking at the factory relay box but it looks like you need a special mount for the relays to fit into, any body have any suggestions, 2004 GU with a TD42.

Thanks

TD42_PWR
19th March 2015, 11:17 PM
Also which wire on the back of the steering colum is the high beam wire so i can hook up the switch. I was going to try and use the factory fog light switch, can you buy a plug to fit it?

thanks again

lucus30
19th March 2015, 11:17 PM
Use something like this
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/331391879612?nav=SEARCH

If you want that exact one message Mudski on here he will do it cheaper through the forum

TD42_PWR
19th March 2015, 11:30 PM
actually something like that would be a good idea, should get a fuse box as well

lucus30
19th March 2015, 11:42 PM
Also which wire on the back of the steering colum is the high beam wire so i can hook up the switch. I was going to try and use the factory fog light switch, can you buy a plug to fit it?

thanks again

Unsure sorry but I got my high beam switch for the relay from the headlight loom before it plugs into the globe

Yendor
20th March 2015, 12:49 AM

thanks again

It's a Red wire with a Yellow trace. It's the same colour wire at the back of the driver side headlight and at the headlight switch.

TD42_PWR
20th March 2015, 09:05 AM
It's a Red wire with a Yellow trace. It's the same colour wire at the back of the driver side headlight and at the headlight switch.

Awesome thanks mate :)