PDA

View Full Version : Gu large rear door light switch location??

mjr350
19th March 2015, 10:52 PM
Hi guys. Its got to a point of now needing to disconnect the interior light switch on the larger rear door. Its coming on with the slightest bump. Problem is, I can't find it.
Any hints on the location. My guess is its internal on one of the locking mechanisms.
Cheers

katwoman
19th March 2015, 11:22 PM
Doesnt it run off the switch on the small barn door ? Mine flicker on and off on corrugations. It's like having a disco, when driving at night.

lucus30
19th March 2015, 11:29 PM
Doesnt it run off the switch on the small barn door ? Mine flicker on and off on corrugations. It's like having a disco, when driving at night.

I'm pretty sure you are correct

Yendor
20th March 2015, 12:36 AM
If your vehicle has the switch on the large barn door it's mounted inside the door on the locking mechanism. The early model GUs didn't have two switches.

The easiest way to conform if your vehicle has both switches is to open both barn doors and manually work the door light switch on the small door and see if the light goes out.

I'll see if I can find a photo of the connector in the large barn door.

Yendor
20th March 2015, 12:40 AM
Here you go. Post 25 has the money shot.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?20789-Got-my-GU-annoying-door-switch-problem/page3&highlight=large+barn+door+light+switch

mjr350
20th March 2015, 07:55 AM
Yep certainly have a switch on the larger door. Already checked that.
I'll disconnect it and be done with it. Thanks guys.

mjr350
20th March 2015, 05:36 PM
Well I fixed it. Turns out it wasn't the large door. It was the small door switch. I put a few pieces of dried silicone in the rubber boot that i had removed from a valley gasket a while ago to bulk up the end of the switch. Works a treat.

A small self tapper in the end of the switch would also do the trick.

OMY130
7th December 2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info. Found the 2nd switch in large rear door. Logically, you would adjusted the striker to make it a tighter fit. It got worse, so slacked the striker plate. Tada, no more disco lights.