PDA

View Full Version : Tb42 to TD42 conversion

Porkeh
19th March 2015, 11:51 AM
Hey guys and gals, I was originally going to turbo my tb42 but have now chosen the path of diesel with a turbo later on. I currently have a manual gq shorty running petrol and gas and have gotten a silver top motor, just waiting for it to be shipped to me in Melbourne. Now this would be the first time I have done anything like this an engine conversion and have a rough idea of what I'm doing I'm fairly mechanically minded so is my old man but I'm still pretty fresh to it all being 18 years old :P. I'm in no rush to do this conversion as a little bit of work has to be done to the engine and such and money is a slow and steady thing for me being a first year sparky. What I would like to ask you guys who have an idea about it all is what would I need to do this conversion ? What I will have is:
The silver top motor complete with all the injectors, injector pump and all that
Td42 wiring loom
What I know I will need is:
Td42 bell housing
Td42 starter?
Td42 radiator
Td42 fuel tank
Td42 cluster
Td42 air intake
Td42 alternator
Like I said I'm pretty fresh to all this so that's why I'm asking on here because a lot of you will have experience and knowledge of it all and would be happy to help a fellow patrol owner out :P so if I'm wrong about what I need and what I don't need let me know since that's why I'm asking and when I get the engine and start it all I will make a thread to show the process from start to finish
Any input is welcome
Cheers Alex

Bloodyaussie
19th March 2015, 12:33 PM
Goid luck with it mate... there a number of us of late that have done this conversion including myself so plenty of wisdom here if you need help.
Many different ways that have been taken depending on there situation eg efi to diesel or carby to diesel and full conversion or short cut .. have a look as there aee a couple going on right now.

Cheers

threedogs
19th March 2015, 02:54 PM
As BA said a few are doing this conversion check out AndyH's thread,
he tells of all the bits and pieces he's picked up along the way,
bell housing ,tanks, airbox's etc,, etc,,

Bloodyaussie
19th March 2015, 04:09 PM
There is a guy on Facebook who has a bell housing up for sale open to offers.

Porkeh
19th March 2015, 07:50 PM
There is a guy on Facebook who has a bell housing up for sale open to offers.

ah thanks for that, turns out hes a mate of a mate lol

Bloodyaussie
19th March 2015, 08:03 PM
Are you able to get it??

Just yell out mate if you need any help.. either I know or I know who does.

Porkeh
20th March 2015, 07:34 AM
Yeah picking it up after work today !