PDA

View Full Version : 1999 GQ Patrol Immobiliser Question

tool0161
17th March 2015, 09:12 PM
Hi, Can someone advise me if a 1999 GQ Patrol with a 4.2l Diesel was factory issued with an immobilizer. If so can some tell me where it is located so I can check to see if it has been turned off.

Thanks

the evil twin
17th March 2015, 09:50 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

'99 vehicles may have the Nissan Smart Entry system and not a full NATS.
GQ's (up to 97) def won't.

If it is a GU then the Smart Entry is a white module about the size of a ciggy packet under the dash that operates electronic door locks.
It is above and to the left of the drivers foot rest near to the sub tank computer behind the centre dash trim.

Yendor
17th March 2015, 10:29 PM
A 1999 model GQ, I assume it's a ute. No it won't have a factory fitted immobilizer.

It is possible an aftermarket one has been fitted.

the evil twin
18th March 2015, 12:39 AM
A 1999 model GQ, I assume it's a ute. No it won't have a factory fitted immobilizer.

It is possible an aftermarket one has been fitted.

Hiya Rodney,

If it is a MY99 it can't be a GQ
If it is a GQ it can't be a MY99
I went for a guess that it is MY99 Y61 same as mine, could be wrong tho, cause it is posted in the GQ boards
Maybe a run out GQ first rego'd in 99?

I'm sure the OP will chime in when he sees the replies

tool0161
18th March 2015, 01:05 AM
Yes it is a Trayback and I was told it was the last of the GQ Models as it says on the licence papers.

the evil twin
18th March 2015, 11:22 AM
Yes it is a Trayback and I was told it was the last of the GQ Models as it says on the licence papers.

Cool, disregard my info about the Y61.

As a point of interest what is the manuf date on the VIN plate on the firewall?
AFAIK the manufacture of Y60 (or GQ) ceased in 1997 so 99 may be first rego'd date.

Winnie
18th March 2015, 11:32 AM
Cool, disregard my info about the Y61.

As a point of interest what is the manuf date on the VIN plate on the firewall?
AFAIK the manufacture of Y60 (or GQ) ceased in 1997 so 99 may be first rego'd date.

I believe they continued the ute for a while after. Nissannewby had a late model (I think it was also 99) GQ ute.

the evil twin
18th March 2015, 01:08 PM
I believe they continued the ute for a while after. Nissannewby had a late model (I think it was also 99) GQ ute.

Yeah, I've heard similar but was never sure.
You see 98's advertised on occasion but people often use reggy dates which is OK but confusing.

I'd never heard of a 99 first hand so awesome to know if they are out there.
I'm curious when the last of them rolled out if anyone happens to know for sure

Yendor
18th March 2015, 05:00 PM
Hi ET,

I believe the Y61 ute wasn't released at the same time as the Y61 wagon. For some reason they keep the Y60 ute going.

The supplement for the Y61 ute workshop manual was applicable from Feb. 1999. Maybe that's when the Y61 ute was released??

Who knows I'm just guessing.

Cheers Rodney

the evil twin
18th March 2015, 05:06 PM
Hi ET,

I believe the Y61 ute wasn't released at the same time as the Y61 wagon. For some reason they keep the Y60 ute going.

The supplement for the Y61 ute workshop manual was applicable from Feb. 1999. Maybe that's when the Y61 ute was released??

Who knows I'm just guessing.

Cheers Rodney

Thanks mate...

If they ran on for that long that will mean my U Beauty must have been one of the first Y61's off the line and tool0161 has one of the last of the Y60.

How awesome is that.