PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Timer

jonez911
16th March 2015, 10:56 AM
Hey all,

just want to get my head around why there is such a price difference in turbo timers. i know quality but really its a timer cant be to much difference can there? for instance i have a mate with a boggard $195 and a mate with a cheapy $19 both to me do the same thing.

Can anyone elighten me please?

Winnie
16th March 2015, 11:18 AM
i know quality

Answered the question yourself. And the better brand name units will have better product back up. Something you have to decide yourself I guess.

MEGOMONSTER
16th March 2015, 11:20 AM
Answered the question yourself. And the better brand name units will have better product back up. Something you have to decide yourself I guess.
Perfectly said.

jonez911
16th March 2015, 11:30 AM
done then cheap it is hks one for $45.. and hks arent exactly small and if worse comes to worse ill go back to letting the car cool down without one.

threedogs
16th March 2015, 11:33 AM
are they legal now, Im no fan of them, no one here drives like Fangio
so I dont think temps would warrant a cooling down turbo timer fitted.
HWY driving just idle while you un pack at camp, same when you get home

jonez911
16th March 2015, 11:43 AM
for $45 bucks TD why not i say legalitys im not to sure but id rather have it there than not.

threedogs
16th March 2015, 11:48 AM
Jaycar even sell them but they are not legal as far as I know
there are thousand s of TD drivers that don't have them and have no probs.
I have been without one for 140K with not problems, Im am like thousands and I mean thousands

Winnie
16th March 2015, 11:58 AM
done then cheap it is hks one for $45.. and hks arent exactly small and if worse comes to worse ill go back to letting the car cool down without one.

I don't think you could go wrong with HKS, good work.

jonez911
16th March 2015, 01:16 PM
Jaycar even sell them but they are not legal as far as I know
there are thousand s of TD frivers that don't have them and have no probs.
I have been without one for 140K with not problems, Im am like thousands and I mean thousands

im in no way saying its a need but more of a want as i know i never wait for my car to cool down so it would benifit me. and in saying that i dont think it will hurt to have one.

katwoman
16th March 2015, 09:17 PM
I had one fitted to my TD42 12 months ago, unfortunately I dont use it cos
1. it makes the sub tank light come on.. something to do with fitting a diode in the ignition wires.
2. The timer and the aftermarket alarm system dont get along.
If I could work that out I'd def use it. Why are they illegal, TD ?

the evil twin
16th March 2015, 09:24 PM
Hiya KW...
99% of aftermarket Turbo timers are illegal under ADR's because they alter the function of the ignition switch

morton2478
16th March 2015, 10:28 PM
I fitted a hks to my gu 7 moths ago and haven't had any problems with it i would rather be safe than sorry at least if its been drven by any one else i know it has been cooled down properly