PDA

View Full Version : hat tip from brynk & gusty

brynk
17th March 2011, 12:37 PM
g'day to the members

i found this place looking for a workshop manual. i've already managed to download the full '98 y61 northern euro manual but i am interested in the aussie supplement on offer from the admin.

recently acquired a 98 gu st 2.8tdi 5spd - we managed to pick one up with a few bruises & a reco'd+8k donk (great to avoid precious! esp. since we've got the 'l plates' on) - it wasn't long til i dubbed him seņor gusti (formal), or gusty, for short.

well, my lady & i have already had him balls to the wall up in the brindes a couple of times; and we're out again in a couple of weeks to see if we can find mineshaft (been a while, last time was in a bog stock '03 troopy)

to me this vehicle represents a logical starting platform at the right price, with plenty of opportunities to enhance, or just go with the flow if it's good enough

not many seem to want the 2.8's, but they fit the 6.5 chevy in (peak torque at 1700 suits my driving style right down to the ground), and they'll also fit the 4.2 if we decide to go this way instead.

i like to work on & learn from my vehicles, and look forward to building this one up over time into something that i'm sure the original designers at nissan would have wetties over.

Bob
17th March 2011, 12:44 PM
Welcome Brynk. Join and enjoy the Forum

AB
17th March 2011, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
17th March 2011, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
17th March 2011, 02:39 PM
Gday brynk theyre a good mob here hope you enjoy the forum

big_fletch
17th March 2011, 04:03 PM
Welcome to rue forum mate, great to have another member aboard

Fletcha

damianovdd
17th March 2011, 05:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Brynk.

Maxhead
17th March 2011, 05:53 PM
G'Day and welcome Brynk

wildgu6
17th March 2011, 07:26 PM
Hey brynk, Welcome aboard mate,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Hope you have a great 2011.
stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
17th March 2011, 10:08 PM
And a ruturn Hat Tip to you Sir, and Your Lady.
Welcome to Nissans Nut House Brynk, let your lady look as we are sensitive family minded group of nutters here that know tech stuff, and how to have fun.

Tim

Bigrig
17th March 2011, 10:19 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard and great intro! Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum mate, so don't be shy and get amongst the conversations to make the most of it. Enjoy!

Clunk
18th March 2011, 01:59 AM
g'day brynk, welcome aboard mate

mudduck
18th March 2011, 11:11 AM
Welcome mate, dont forget to put some pix up in the members rides section.

MS29431
19th March 2011, 07:46 PM
Welcome aboard Brynk
these guys have a heap of helpfull stuff on almost anything you want to know
i've got an older rig and the forum members have helped me out heaps on various issues
I'm sure you will be swamped with info on any topic these guy's and gal's have heaps of tips and info on almost everything

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:26 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul