PDA

View Full Version : Daytime running lights

Heavyweight
12th March 2015, 08:16 PM
Ive just purchased some Whitevision Parker/Indicator LED's to replace the stock ones in OEM steel bullbar (2014 ST Patrol), wanted something a little tougher also wanted them to be waterproof...

The lights have a DRL feature (which is the red wire)
The other wiring will just follow the original.

Where/What would be the best way to wire the DRL feature (so that it complies with ADR ie must turn off when head lights are on)

A photo or diagram would be appreciated.

There was a wiring diagram provided, where on the patrol would I run/attach the red wire..

P4trol
12th March 2015, 08:29 PM
I don't have a diagram.

Best way is to run it through a normally closed Relay, and have the high beam activate the relay, so it open circuits the DRL.

Heavyweight
12th March 2015, 08:52 PM
I don't have a diagram.

Best way is to run it through a normally closed Relay, and have the high beam activate the relay, so it open circuits the DRL.

Where would be the best source for "ignition on power"....

When it come to Auto Electrics..."It's all greek to me"

lucus30
12th March 2015, 09:08 PM
Where would be the best source for "ignition on power"....

When it come to Auto Electrics..."It's all greek to me"

In the engine bay I'd say probably the wiper motors

altech
13th March 2015, 08:13 AM
Hi Guys , I used Super White Parker globe that I got from Jaycar for my Daylight running as pic shows regards Alex

gramgramfirey
20th June 2015, 08:18 PM
You can buy on fleabay a complete wiring add on which has delay and cut off included. Delay turns on drl`s 30 seconds after car starts. Cut off is so when headlamps are turned on, drl`s turn off.
Simple and LEGAL.

4bye4
20th June 2015, 09:08 PM
I found these kits (similar) didn't last long and ended up wiring it through a relay. I also put a 10 ohm, 2 watt resistor in series with the led lamp assembly. This will reduce the power and allow the leds to run cooler which lengthens their life, without dimming the light output very much.