PDA

View Full Version : 2" body lift, alloy or poly?

Punderhead
12th March 2015, 01:12 PM
Hi all. The bullbat I'm going to put on my ute is to suit a 2" body lift. Whoever modded it did a dam good job, and I don't feel like modifying it back.

So I'm going to lift the suspension a bit less, and put in a 2" body lift.

So, poly blocks or alloy blocks? What would you use?

Also, I'm going to be making these myself. So if anyone knows the thickness of the crush tube in a poly block, that would be great! Thanks

Cheers.

BigRAWesty
12th March 2015, 01:22 PM
Hi all. The bullbat I'm going to put on my ute is to suit a 2" body lift. Whoever modded it did a dam good job, and I don't feel like modifying it back. So I'm going to lift the suspension a bit less, and put in a 2" body lift. So, poly blocks or alloy blocks? What would you use? Also, I'm going to be making these myself. So if anyone knows the thickness of the crush tube in a poly block, that would be great! Thanks Cheers.

Well if your using such soft material you need a crush tube then I'd go alloy.
Stock body bolts are an m10 bolt, but an upgrade to m12 is recommended to handle the extra strain of such a high block.
But then there is all the other stuff that needs modding to.
Low range gear lever.
If you have factory disconnect away bar you'll need to release the clips on the cable between body and chassis.
Brake and clutch lines. Breather lines if fitted after market..
Most of the lines have a coil in the between chassis and body but can kink so pay attention and lift it slowly.

threedogs
12th March 2015, 01:25 PM
radiator needs to be moved as well I'd mod the bar way too much involved in a body lift
Dark blue poly for the lift is the better stuff I beleive

Punderhead
13th March 2015, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the thoughts guys. However I was 50/50 on the body lift, and the bullbar was just this thing that made the decision. I know what's involved, just can't decide what material is better.

Rossco
13th March 2015, 05:53 AM
I've got nylon in mine, haven't had any troubles with it, doesn't have crush tubes either. Haven't moved the radiator down either just took off the bottom little pice of cowling, and don't have any probs either. Have never seen anyone move a radiator down with body lift, i guess it can be done as long as there is clearance at the bottom.