PDA

View Full Version : Heater box/Air Con filter update

Heavyweight
11th March 2015, 11:34 AM

There is a thread on this forum that goes back a couple of years....

Ordered the filters from NIZZBITS last Thursday filters arrived yesterday...(have to congratulate him on his service/emails etc)

I have a 2014 ST, so I was hoping things hadn't changed regarding the filter size/type, after removing the glove box assembly I was expecting to see a black housing (the same as I had seen in the forum pics) but was confronted with a white housing (see pic).

After running between computer and patrol I took the chance that everything was the same (colour change is probably due to cost or ability to recycle)...
With the trusty stanley knife I cut out the insert (took maybe 10 minutes) and then slid in the filters (job done)

Parts $50 1 x GU PATROL HEATER/AIR CONDITIONER FILTER KIT (Comprising Genuine 2xFilters and retaining clip)
Postage $12
Total $62

mudski
14th March 2015, 03:13 PM
Yeah I did this to my 2001 Patrol. Good, cheap and easy mod to do hey?

lucus30
14th March 2015, 03:16 PM
Is this to replace the factory filters or aren't there any ?

Heavyweight
14th March 2015, 04:21 PM
Is this to replace the factory filters or aren't there any ?

There aren't any fitted to Australian Patrols (as far as I'm aware), there is a small "blank/Plate" that needs to be cut out, then these slide into place...
The link below will take you to the other Patrol forum, and will detail more.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/heater-box-air-filter-24800/

mudski
14th March 2015, 05:30 PM
For those who can't see the pics. When looking at your airbox, you will see a long vertical section around 10mm wide, with a groove running around it. In a rectangular shape. Cut this out around the groove and the filter slide in.

Heavyweight
14th March 2015, 05:40 PM
For those who can't see the pics. When looking at your airbox, you will see a long vertical section around 10mm wide, with a groove running around it. In a rectangular shape. Cut this out around the groove and the filter slide in.

Sorry, unaware some people may not be able to see the pics in the link....
Hopefully the other site don't mind me borrowing some pics...