PDA

View Full Version : Great to be here

TORTOISE
10th March 2015, 10:14 PM
Hi all,

I've owned my Patrol 99 GU Patrol for the last 9 months now. Digging around the forums has been awesome fun and I now have a list longer than my arm to do on quiet days. TORTOISE is a 2.8 and scored the name from the wife and kids who just see it as a slow truck. I did previously own a chipped 06 3.0L Hilux that went like the clappers so I can see where they get there stance but I well and truly appreciate the bulletproof off-road ability that this monster has. I picked it up from Nowra from a bloke in the forces that had previously been based in cairns so its local playground was the cape, a place I am dreaming to get to. When I got it, it had 33" BFG muddies, 3" suspension lift with dobinson springs and raw 4x4 shocks along with steering damper. It also had a Roo systems chip and 3" exhaust, ironman snorkel, uniden 80ch UHF, TJM bull bar, 12000 lb winch, Powerful 4x4 side steps and rear tire/jerry can carrier, red arc dual battery system, EGT/Boost/Oil/Battery Guages, HID headlights and spotties and an LED light bar. Since owning it, the LED light bar was stolen so I replaced it with 4 LED Spot lights, and I have added a Roo Systems roof rack and 2.5m Kings Awning. I recently got RBT'd out at Lithgow and was told the LED spots had to come off the front of the roof rack so they have been moved around the side as camp lights now. I am in the process of getting ready for a desert trip later this year, adding rated recovery points, sand flag and sway bar disconnects. This will also mean a new set of tires. I wanted Cooper STT's but am settling for another set of BFG muddies as the spare is still unused. In the coming weeks I am planning to block the EGR and clean the intercooler and manifold out to bring back any lost power or due economy. So far I have only taken it through Lithgow, Gardens of Stone and Colo area. Looking forward to hitting the tracks more and feeling much more comfortable with the solid axle.

Dhuck
10th March 2015, 10:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Stropp
10th March 2015, 10:48 PM
Hi mate sounds like the tortoise is well equipped to take you anywhere, welcome to the forum.

MEGOMONSTER
11th March 2015, 04:22 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

growler2058
11th March 2015, 05:47 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard

AB
11th March 2015, 06:20 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

threedogs
11th March 2015, 08:17 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, yell out when you require rated recovery points,
The patrol sounds like its ready to go, enjoy yourself and jump in any time

TORTOISE
11th March 2015, 09:11 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, yell out when you require rated recovery points,
The patrol sounds like its ready to go, enjoy yourself and jump in any time

If only I joined up a week ago! Just bought my recovery points of eBay last week. Still waiting for the second one to be delivered in fact. Got the one with the nuts on the wires to bolt on the passenger side - wasn't that fun. Had to con the missus into giving me a hand. Small fingers helped with the last difficult nut. I shall be sure to include a shout out on here next time I am shopping around for parts.

Avo
11th March 2015, 09:13 AM
welcome to the forum mate.heaps of advice if you need it and a bit of info aswell

4bye4
11th March 2015, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Geraint
11th March 2015, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the forum as well, great info on here

HV2002
12th March 2015, 08:05 AM
Welcome mate, this is a grate forum heaps of info and friendly people willing to help you out.

Sherro
14th March 2015, 08:33 PM
G'day mate welcome to the forum.