PDA

View Full Version : ANY ADVERTISING GURU's HERE?

2TROLLFAM
10th March 2015, 09:10 PM
Hey Guy (and Girls)

Been abit quiet lately whilst recovering from my surgeries etc but have managed to Change jobs to a MUCH BETTER one :)

Only down side is I have to maintain the website, facebook page and now have to do up an invitation to a special preview & then product release in a few weeks

I've made up a couple of things using the blurb etc given to me by the sales manager but not sure if I like them or not and more importantly if my boss will ????

Anyone know what they're doing with this kind of thing that could look over them for me? Or give me some suggestions ??

(Oh - the new job is admin for a motorcycle dealership - Boi Yeah!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

cgm
10th March 2015, 09:13 PM
I'm not useful with that kind of stuff, but congrats on the new job. Hope it goes well for you.

2TROLLFAM
10th March 2015, 09:16 PM
Thanks :) so far so good - ANYTHING has to be better than working for a JEEP dealership LOL

And look at my daily view ...

I even have a black CBR300R "IN" my office LOL

katwoman
10th March 2015, 09:31 PM
Ask Rusty nail ( Nic). He's pretty clever with that sort of thing.. There's a 'puter program for everything these days.

I recently got an Office 365 program with my new lappy, which gives you a heap of templates.

Clunk
10th March 2015, 11:03 PM
Ask AB too, just look at all the blurb he's done about the Redback Rooftop Bag and the forum magazine

Punderhead
10th March 2015, 11:41 PM
Facebook page, just offer a free pair of gloves to be drawn on the day of the release of new products. Must be present to collect. Like and share post to go into the draw. hey presto lots of likes.

Then your on your own!

Punderhead
10th March 2015, 11:48 PM
Also, put up an add for a different bike every couple of days/every week on the Facebook page, a "what's in at ........... Type thing. Nothing fancy, just a photo and, "great deals going on Honda......... Come in for a test ride today, and this bad boy could become yours" or "just traded, immaculate ................ Many extras already fitted. Come down and book a test ride today!"

Just have a good pic, and basic info, not a full for sale ad. Me personally I skip over those things less.

Enjoy. The new job.

Cheers

BigRAWesty
11th March 2015, 06:11 AM
Also, put up an add for a different bike every couple of days/every week on the Facebook page, a "what's in at ........... Type thing. Nothing fancy, just a photo and, "great deals going on Honda.........

See now although this is a given for Facebook as everyone does it, I personally hate it and any page which does I either turn off notifications or leave. Thus rendering it useless.
Once a week. Yea ok.
I'm not sure this page is aimed at young tech heads still in school who's phones are fused to there hands.
More mature (used very loosely) adults who appreciate a good ride and wouldn't hesitate to share with that one needy mate who's in the market for a high class ride...

BigRAWesty
11th March 2015, 06:12 AM
But good to hear your enjoying the new job shaz...
And that wicked scar is going well..

threedogs
11th March 2015, 08:32 AM
have you named the scar yet lol or made up a story.
Sorry cant help with the bikes even though they were my only mode of transport for years .

oncedisturbed
11th March 2015, 08:37 AM
What sort of info / help were you after?
May be able to help

Clunk
11th March 2015, 09:27 AM
Booooobies

threedogs
11th March 2015, 09:29 AM
te he he said boobies lol

oncedisturbed
11th March 2015, 05:22 PM
Muah....norks...nomnom.

Back to the OP, feel free to pm me and will see what I can help with. Have several different photoshop type programs etc that can be used.

2TROLLFAM
11th March 2015, 06:29 PM
have you named the scar yet lol or made up a story. Sorry cant help with the bikes even though they were my only mode of transport for years .
Yeah Brad decided I got into a knife fight at the local because some skank was hitting on him LOL

2TROLLFAM
11th March 2015, 06:33 PM
What sort of info / help were you after? May be able to help

The dilemma at the moment was sending out email to previous customers advising them of the australia wide release of the new R1 on sat 28th BUT previous R1 & R6 customers get a special preview the night before !! Wooooo LOL

I managed to knock up something the boss was happy with but .......... Hmmmmm it's not fantastic LOL

2TROLLFAM
11th March 2015, 06:58 PM
Booooobies

You lot and your BOOBIES HAJAHA
I nearly spat my tequila when I read that random comment !!

AB
11th March 2015, 07:33 PM
Only down side is I have to maintain the website, facebook page and now have to do up an invitation to a special preview & then product release in a few weeks

What is your role in the company, are you in charge of marketing now or just "maintain the site" with updates and info from the sales manager?

Are you expected to increase sales from the site?

Are you expected to increase sales from FB and social media?

Is the invitation you need to send out to existing customer database or new prospecting?

So is this "preview" a small bait on whats coming without letting too much out to the recipient (existing or prospecting?) and then gain interest and then BANG hit it when you build the audience with the "product release"?

48 thousand questions, sorry mate but I may be able to help if I understand what your SM has asked you to do :)

2TROLLFAM
12th March 2015, 08:23 PM
What is your role in the company, are you in charge of marketing now or just "maintain the site" with updates and info from the sales manager? Are you expected to increase sales from the site? Are you expected to increase sales from FB and social media? Is the invitation you need to send out to existing customer database or new prospecting? So is this "preview" a small bait on whats coming without letting too much out to the recipient (existing or prospecting?) and then gain interest and then BANG hit it when you build the audience with the "product release"? 48 thousand questions, sorry mate but I may be able to help if I understand what your SM has asked you to do :)

Yes - a thousand questions alright !! LOL

Administration Co-Ordinator

Only have to maintain them generally with things given to me by sales, parts & service managers although the FB I can pretty much do what I want ?? Within reason of course - logged into it today and says something about Business Manager upgrade??? I have NO IDEA what todo with that

The preview ... Ok so Yamaha are releasing the new R1 (race bike) on Saturday 28th March so have to do invite to all existing customers for that BUT on the Friday night before there is going be invitation only PREVIEW and this has to be sent to our existing R1 and R6 owners .... We got something out but its shit and would really like to do something "better" for the reminder that has to be sent a few days before (Yamaha don't want mich LOL)

Clunk
12th March 2015, 10:58 PM
Yes - a thousand questions alright !! LOL

Administration Co-Ordinator

Only have to maintain them generally with things given to me by sales, parts & service managers although the FB I can pretty much do what I want ?? Within reason of course - logged into it today and says something about Business Manager upgrade??? I have NO IDEA what todo with that

The preview ... Ok so Yamaha are releasing the new R1 (race bike) on Saturday 28th March so have to do invite to all existing customers for that BUT on the Friday night before there is going be invitation only PREVIEW and this has to be sent to our existing R1 and R6 owners .... We got something out but its shit and would really like to do something "better" for the reminder that has to be sent a few days before (Yamaha don't want mich LOL)

Is this news already or is it all hush hush? .......... Well its not now anyway lol

Clunk
12th March 2015, 10:58 PM
You lot and your BOOBIES HAJAHA
I nearly spat my tequila when I read that random comment !!

Random is good, keeps the mods on their toes

Stropp
12th March 2015, 11:44 PM
Boobies are good that's all :)

2TROLLFAM
13th March 2015, 12:03 AM
Is this news already or is it all hush hush? .......... Well its not now anyway lol

Press release went out yesterday from Yamaha for Saturday 28th :)
The preview night before is after hours and by invite only whereas SATURDAY is a normal trading day so anyone can show up ;at a dealership near them :)

2TROLLFAM
13th March 2015, 06:46 PM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/promotions/motorcycle/r1-reveal

Clunk
13th March 2015, 06:53 PM
Boobies are good that's all :)

are you sure that's all!!!!!???? ;)

NissanGQ4.2
13th March 2015, 07:15 PM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/promotions/motorcycle/r1-reveal

Honda's are better................and so are Booooobies :)

Clunk
13th March 2015, 07:20 PM
Honda's are better................and so are Booooobies :)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2015/03/72.jpg