PDA

View Full Version : engine light

lbaude92
9th March 2015, 10:32 PM
I bought a 2003 dx patrol automatic turbo diesel last monday and this morning the engine light come on, ive only driven it around town for the week so ive got no idea what brought it on, it was from a car yard so it passed a roadworthy and it was serviced at 138000ks and its still under 139000ks if anyone has any idea please let me know cheers

Stropp
10th March 2015, 12:43 AM
Mate you will need to put a scanner on it to find the fault but often if the car runs ok it will be water in the fuel filter, I would take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it.
Also jump over to the intro thread and say hello.

BillsGU
10th March 2015, 09:16 AM
I agree with Stropp - don't touch it and take it back. It could be a number of things but it's hard to tell unless you read the fault code. You can use a scan gauge or just a simple paper clip to extract it. If you turn your ignition key ON and OFF five times (without starting the engine) it will reset the fault light - but that won't fix the problem. Take it back.

Mjcpatrol
22nd March 2015, 09:04 PM
Does the light stay on when you turn the motor off

Mjcpatrol
22nd March 2015, 09:06 PM
If it turns off when you turn the motor off its most likely simple fix

the godfather
22nd March 2015, 10:42 PM
The first point I would look at is the fuel filter. If it has any dirt or water in it the light will come on. Cheap and easy to change.
Just a suggestion.