PDA

View Full Version : Changing Gear Problems

Finjoe
9th March 2015, 11:51 AM
Hi All,
I need some advice regarding a problem that has occurred since Ive had my Patrol service.
I took the beast for a service a few weeks ago, just so I keep my warranty valid. Since then Ive notice that when I change into 4th gear, it grinds the gears. Not all the time but about 80% of the time.
Now Ive checked the service invoice and they have changed the gear box oil with 75/90. Would this be OK? Or could this be the problem.
Regards
Finjoe :(

4bye4
9th March 2015, 12:09 PM
I ahve and auto so can't advise but this ahs appeared on lots of forums quite frequently. most seem to have had the dealer change the oil to what is specified by Nissan. i won't guess at what Nissan specify but check with your dealer.

threedogs
9th March 2015, 01:40 PM
I'd be taking it back quick smart for them to see/hear the problem and to fix it at their cost

mullet_hunter
9th March 2015, 03:08 PM
Must be another one of many patrol problems.. mine crunches fourth if i drive it hrd.. if i slow shift nothing.. if i giv it heaps in 3rd and smack it into 4th.. a litle crunch...

threedogs
9th March 2015, 03:13 PM
might be a syncro problem

Finjoe
9th March 2015, 04:38 PM
Yeh maybe, but it never happen before the oil was changed. I'll try a slow shift when I get home.

Clunk
9th March 2015, 07:53 PM
does it say what the GL code of the oil used is?

Finjoe
10th March 2015, 03:24 PM
Whats the GL code?