PDA

View Full Version : GU long range aux tank mounting pics needed

mudski
7th March 2015, 08:28 PM
Well im currently at the point of bolting up the long range aux tank. Ive come across a hurdle. The rear left bracket on the tank doesn't have anything to bolt too.
I've looked on the LRT website at their tanks and their bracket on the tank is identical to mine. Im just wondering if im missing an extra brace or something. Before I go making a bracket up just wondering in any one has a pic of their tank mounted. Particularly the rear left, but also the rear right. I possible.

Cheers

BigRAWesty
7th March 2015, 08:40 PM
Well im currently at the point of bolting up the long range aux tank. Ive come across a hurdle. The rear left bracket on the tank doesn't have anything to bolt too. I've looked on the LRT website at their tanks and their bracket on the tank is identical to mine. Im just wondering if im missing an extra brace or something. Before I go making a bracket up just wondering in any one has a pic of their tank mounted. Particularly the rear left, but also the rear right. I possible. Cheers

Any pictures mate?

mudski
7th March 2015, 09:12 PM
Ill try to get the best pics I can....this is left

mudski
7th March 2015, 09:14 PM
This is right...
The front is bolted in. I can drill the right side a run a bolt through no problem. Its just the left. Theres nothing there for the bracket to mount to. I may just make somthing.

threedogs
8th March 2015, 08:24 AM
I have Brown Davis 75 aux sorry

BigRAWesty
8th March 2015, 03:18 PM
Yes one would think that the bracket is to short???
Or a angle plate missing?? I'd personally just drill a price of angle iron so you can drill vertically and the 2 bolts.. Or bolt to chassis and weld to original bracket.

threedogs
8th March 2015, 04:06 PM
If you think mine might be similar I can pop over for you to look at.
I cant get under Im afraid sorry

paulyg
8th March 2015, 05:02 PM
Sorry can't help with a pic, but a tip I got from my local 4x4 shop was to watchout for the loom for the tank it runs up near the top of the tank and can be easily pinched by the new tank,
May have to bend mount a little bit to make some extra clearance.

mudski
8th March 2015, 05:41 PM
Thanks guys. Four beers and half a bottle of scotch came over last night and we nutted it out. I made a template bracket from cardboard, which only requires one 90deg bend, another bend at 10degrees and two bolt holes.
Im Glad when mates pop over and help out like that.. lol.