PDA

View Full Version : Dobinson HD Coils.

SU27Flanker
6th March 2015, 10:13 PM
I'm up for a new set of coils for my tray back; currently it has std rate Dobinsons 2" lift with around 140,000K's life. is there anyone running Dobinsons heavy duty coils or other brand with a similar rate on either a wagon or tray? If so what is the ride like without a load; shocks are Koni.

TIA.

growler2058
6th March 2015, 10:34 PM
Had them in a GQ wagon and now in a GU wagon.i find rides fine loaded or unloaded.

Rossko07
18th August 2015, 08:06 PM
Will continue on in this thread with my own questions as I am looking at dobinsons suspension. I have found some information on various forums regarding dobinsons suspension but not too much specifics. I would like to ask:

My questions refer to a 2012 GU ST Patrol
1 - If you are running dobinsons coils and their shocks what feedback can you give me. More specifically on their HD front coils / shocks & their rear 350kg coils / shocks to suit.
2 - On their website it states front coils will offer 40mm lift over standard (HD coils) - Why not give me the 50mm? After all I've only got 50mm (legally and that's all I want) to play with so if they are cheating me out of 10mm that's 20%.

Any & all feedback is appreciated

Clunk
18th August 2015, 08:29 PM
Will continue on in this thread with my own questions as I am looking at dobinsons suspension. I have found some information on various forums regarding dobinsons suspension but not too much specifics. I would like to ask:

My questions refer to a 2012 GU ST Patrol
1 - If you are running dobinsons suspension and their coils what feedback can you give me. More specifically on their HD front coils / shocks & their rear 350kg coils / shocks to suit.
2 - On their website it states front coils will offer 40mm lift over standard (HD coils) - Why not give me the 50mm? After all I've only got 50mm (legally and that's all I want) to play with so if they are cheating me out of 10mm that's 20%.

Any & all feedback is appreciated

I think that would be a question that only Dobinsons themselves could answer

Rossko07
19th August 2015, 08:55 PM
I have found enough info online about their coils but not so on their shocks. Why do people choose to setup their Patrols with for eg, dobinsons coils and different shocks..?