PDA

View Full Version : '93 GQ Leaking Diesel - Just bought it!

JimnySierra
3rd March 2015, 11:10 PM
Hey guys,

I've had my TD42 GQ for less than a week and all has been well up until tonight.
I had it parked in front of my house all day today and last night - came home this evening and moved it and 10 mins later i noticed a small puddle on the driveway.
So I got under the truck and straight away noticed my front diff was wet - smelt of diesel.

Injector pump looks and feels dry from the top but I can't seem to spot it from bottom up.

Seen a few posts of o-rings needed replacing.
Any sure way of me knowing if that's all it is or how to identify the pump from beneath?

MudRunnerTD
3rd March 2015, 11:46 PM
Odd . Can you post some pics please.

JimnySierra
3rd March 2015, 11:52 PM
Sure, but I'll have to wait until the morning. I know little about the injector pumps, but if the pump itself failed I wouldn't be getting pressure, right? It still starts with ease.

liftlid
4th March 2015, 08:10 AM
Could need an o ring under the cover, you need to locate the source of the leak first

happygu
4th March 2015, 08:14 AM
Could be as simple as nipping up one of the pipe connections with a spanner, or a crack in a line .....

I am sure with a puddle like that you should be able to find the source fairly easily

JimnySierra
4th March 2015, 10:13 AM
Should I get the o-ring from Nissan or if I get an assortment from an auto or hardware shop, will that be fine?

threedogs
4th March 2015, 01:09 PM
Make sure you know where its leaking from first,
does it have an after market fuel filter or similar

happygu
4th March 2015, 02:19 PM
Should I get the o-ring from Nissan or if I get an assortment from an auto or hardware shop, will that be fine?

I would get the right type from Nissan firstly, and then secondly an Auto Shop if you have no luck, as I had an oil leak from my ride-on mower hydraulics, and every different type of O Ring I bought from Bunnings and the like expanded and leaked ..... you need the correct size, compound grade, material, etc

Nissan are the most likely to give you the right one, and yours might be leaking now due to the low sulphur diesel - there might be upgraded O rings to cater for this now ......

JimnySierra
4th March 2015, 02:23 PM
On my way to Nissan now. Really appreciate the knowledge that's shared on this forum

JimnySierra
9th March 2015, 09:45 PM
Took it to my Nepean Diesel Service. Getting the o-rings done on both sides. Will probably do a pump rebuild when funds are up a bit.