PDA

View Full Version : GDay and Help Please

kaiwuthen
3rd March 2015, 12:21 PM
Hi all,

am a new 4x4 er. bought my first 4wd early this year. a 2002 3lit Patrol. I am aware of the NADS and have parts coming in the mail as we are speaking.

Last weekend we went to Sandy Cape (Jurien Bay, WA) and spent a superb weekend on the beach. on the way back down to Perth, along Indian Ocean Drive I noticed the car having lost its grunt. it took forever to accelerate and I was struggling to make it to 100kmh (not pulling anything). some of the slight inclines I had to downshift into 3rd gear. No black smoke coming out of exhaust and it sounds normal. I checked the air filter - all clean. this is about as far as my mechanical knowledge goes.

So now I am after a good mechanic / garage that I can take the Patrol to. I live in Coolbellup which is near Freo.

Any advise / recommendation as to which place to take it to is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Kai

Avo
3rd March 2015, 12:26 PM
welcome to the forum matey..if you have no answer soon give Clunk or Stropp a PM,i think have have reliable mechanic south of the river

threedogs
3rd March 2015, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay

AB
3rd March 2015, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

You may need to ask any questions in a different section if you don't your answers here as a lot of members don't read the intros.

HV2002
3rd March 2015, 01:31 PM
Welcome Kai, this is a grate forum heaps of info and friendly people willing to help you out. X 2 on the MAF

4bye4
3rd March 2015, 01:34 PM
Hi AB. He already put it under general discussion and I suggested he do an intro. So its up in two places and between us we are probably confusing the hell out of him.:o

kaiwuthen
3rd March 2015, 02:17 PM
Hi All,
thanks for the many welcome messages. Great to see you all out there.

Crossing my fingers that there is one out there who knows of a good garage near me...
Cheers!

Bigcol
3rd March 2015, 03:09 PM
http://www.robsonbros4wd.com.au/

kaiwuthen
3rd March 2015, 03:36 PM
Thanks Bigcol,

just made a booking. i'll keep you posted what the outcome was.

MEGOMONSTER
3rd March 2015, 05:47 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dhuck
3rd March 2015, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

SonOf
3rd March 2015, 07:44 PM
Welcome mate, what about the Turbo? I kmow when I blew mine in my 3 ltr it became really sluggish but I had egt and boost to show me it had gone pop?

kaiwuthen
3rd March 2015, 09:42 PM
I checked the turbo out air pipe, for lack of a better word, and there were no parts/metal debris in it, so I hope the turbo is not exploded...

Sherro
6th March 2015, 11:26 AM
G'day Kai welcome to the forum mate.

faw33
12th March 2015, 01:07 PM
Hi bud, welcome sounds like a nice ride