PDA

View Full Version : Snorkel Installation

JME_GU
2nd March 2015, 02:11 PM
So I have bought an ebay snorkel, it seems pretty well made and came with the template, but it didn't come with instructions. Over the weekend I used a hole saw to drill the hole in the guard and I mounted the snorkel. However, it seems like the only way to connect it to the air inlet is to use a hole saw to drill from the engine bay side through the existing air inlet hole in the guard. Is this how other people have done it or do I unbolt the guard and saw through towards the engine bay?

threedogs
2nd March 2015, 02:31 PM
On mine they removed the inner guard and wheel , heres some pictures

JME_GU
2nd March 2015, 04:06 PM
That looks very similar to my snorkel. Did they need to cut another hole up inside the guard or from inside the engine bay?

threedogs
2nd March 2015, 04:11 PM
not sure, but there is a flat piece that goes inside the guard

JME_GU
2nd March 2015, 07:11 PM
Woohoo! Good news - I found a step by step installation on Youtube. The problem is, it just says "the factory air intake has to be removed from the inner guard". Does anyone have any idea how this comes out?

The Youtube video is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scQ70dOatYc

cos
3rd March 2015, 06:56 AM
Come apart by unscrew some M6 scew , head hex 10 . I install more than once , but never remove indicator and headlight , just fell the screw head with fingertips and used right tools ( articulated ringspanner , small 1/4 ratchet and long and short 10 mm socket ) .
Some trouble can be at airbox screws .

JME_GU
9th March 2015, 08:38 PM
The factory intake on my GU is definitely different, it doesn't appear to be removable at all. Maybe the TB45 is different to the diesels?