PDA

View Full Version : TB42e Question

Dervo
1st March 2015, 02:55 PM
Hi all,

ok follow me on this.. I have a tb42e on petrol and LPG and have noticed a petrol smell coming from the back end. I can not pin it down to the refuel or top of the tank area so I want to pull it out and have a good look around it.. Now if I pull the tank out and I still want to drive the car what will I have to do with the electronic fuel pump or does it run the LPG side of things as well..
I would assume they use different fuel lines up to the intake manifold so do I just disconnect the petrol fuel pump block the lines at the back end and all would be good till I get the tank fixed but if any one can tell me different or would know of the correct way to do this procedure i'm all ears.. .. :)

the evil twin
1st March 2015, 03:06 PM
Depends...
My dual fuel TB42E was totally independant systems IE if you had Gas selected it started and ran on LPG and vice versa.
That was real handy when I had a crush washer fail on an injector and fuel sprayed everywhere if Petrol was selected

Others start on petrol even if you have LPG selected and switch to LPG after starting.
If yours is the former then cut sick, if the latter then I don't know what you can do.

Dervo
1st March 2015, 03:18 PM
Depends...
My dual fuel TB42E was totally independant systems IE if you had Gas selected it started and ran on LPG and vice versa..

Same as mine for starting I believe...

But I do notice the fuel pump pressures up the fuel system every time I start it, even if gas is selected so I just think (fingers crossed) it loses pressure.. Well I have read that somewhere..

the evil twin
1st March 2015, 03:55 PM
Same as mine for starting I believe...

But I do notice the fuel pump pressures up the fuel system every time I start it, even if gas is selected so I just think (fingers crossed) it loses pressure.. Well I have read that somewhere..

Mine didn't do that.
If it was on LPG there was no fuel pressure at any time including Ign On or Start.

GQ TANK
1st March 2015, 05:10 PM
Often the supply rail for the injectors are switched when using lpg.

Yuo should be able to run on lpg.

Your leak m7ght be a cehed pipe

Dervo
1st March 2015, 07:14 PM
Often the supply rail for the injectors are switched when using lpg.

Yuo should be able to run on lpg.

Your leak m7ght be a cehed pipe

Thanks Mate and what did you mean by switched and where might the leak be.. Sorry to be a pain

Dervo
1st March 2015, 07:16 PM
Mine didn't do that.
If it was on LPG there was no fuel pressure at any time including Ign On or Start.

ok I will get my head under the bonnet and get the misses to put the ing on to see if I can hear anything... to see if I can hear anything...hahaha :)

GQ TANK
1st March 2015, 07:27 PM
They use a relay to connect the supply volts to the injector rail

When I had a 50 l sub tank one of the hose was cr6shed between the tank and bodt.

billyj
1st March 2015, 07:41 PM
before you stuff around pulling the tank, put a new fuel cap on it, had mine give a strong fuel smell a few times and it was just the seal on the fuel cap getting a bit tired

Dervo
1st March 2015, 07:45 PM
before you stuff around pulling the tank, put a new fuel cap on it, had mine give a strong fuel smell a few times and it was just the seal on the fuel cap getting a bit tired

Thanks mate I had a look at it and when I took the cap of there was a lot of pressure released from the tank so I think it might be ok...