PDA

View Full Version : Mr Noss

Mr Noss
15th March 2011, 04:11 PM
My grand-daughter (9yo) finaly started to show me what to do with this new fangled gizmo called a computer.
last time I tried to post a new thread I could not find a place for the stamp.
I own a '96 2.8t, lifted, snorkel, dual battery, plus more.
It has done a lot. 305000ks. and I am starting to have a few problems.
I hope I can draw on other members knowledge in the future
thanks

:toot:

AB
15th March 2011, 04:12 PM
My grand-daughter (9yo) finaly started to show me what to do with this new fangled gizmo called a computer.
last time I tried to post a new thread I could not find a place for the stamp.
I own a '96 2.8t, lifted, snorkel, dual battery, plus more.
It has done a lot. 305000ks. and I am starting to have a few problems.
I hope I can draw on other members knowledge in the future
thanks

:toot:

Welcome to the forum Mr Noss, feel free to ask any questions mate and join in the conversations.

If you get stuck or need any help on how to use the forum then just ask mate and we can help.

Enjoy!

Dhuck
15th March 2011, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Mr Noss

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 04:29 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here, so we should have you sorted for help on the rig, help with the puter, and just a good banter!! Enjoy!!

Bob
15th March 2011, 04:56 PM
Welcome Mr Noss. It wont be long before you can teach your grandaughter a thing or two about the Puter. Join in and enjoy.

Maxhead
15th March 2011, 04:57 PM

damianovdd
15th March 2011, 05:40 PM

MS29431
15th March 2011, 05:51 PM
Welcome aboard Mate
these guys have a heap of helpfull stuff on almost anything you want to know
i've got an older rig and the forum members have helped me out heaps on various issues
I'm sure you will be swamped with info on any topic these guy's and gal's have heaps of tips and info on almost everything

nowoolies
15th March 2011, 06:03 PM
g`day mr noss
welcome on board mate heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul

growler2058
15th March 2011, 06:37 PM
Gday Mr Noss theyre a good mob here full of quality useful information and plenty of willing help.

big_fletch
15th March 2011, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great bunch of guys on here who are always willing to help..

Fletcha

Finly Owner
15th March 2011, 11:17 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans nut House Mr Noss,
Keep tapping away at the different headings and all will be revealed

Tim

Clunk
15th March 2011, 11:24 PM
Hello Mr Noss, welcome aboard the forum mate

daccers
16th March 2011, 03:47 PM
Welcome Mr Noss!! You will find all you need on this forum, a wealth of knowledge is available!!

wildgu6
16th March 2011, 07:49 PM
Hey buddy, Welcome aboard,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Hope you have a great 2011.
stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

mudduck
17th March 2011, 08:46 AM
Welcome aboard mate,dont forget to get some pix up in the members rides section

Mr Noss
19th March 2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks all
I have had all types of problems with glow plugs, glow plug light flashing, not starting etc. Sourced glow plugs rom Online Auto Parts,Qld $120. Fitted them, still would not start, pulled pre glow relay and tested it. NOTHING. Discovered it was burnt out. 2nd hand one from wreckers now going like a charm,
I was on a roll.
Decided to fit rear pads Right piston would not retract After about 1 hour I convinced it to behave, good now the left, well should have left it alone The whole caliper was frozen and not working After 2 hours all was free & working
Time for a beer
NO Do proper road test I say to myself
About 4 ks from home heat guage nearly off the planet, steam coming from under the bonnet. Big B#%#^. The top of the radiator where the top hose fits had broken off.Left it where it stopped
This is where the fire & theft part of insurance policy would come in handy. Got a lift home, NOW for a beer, up for $150 for a new top tank. Time for more beer.

Dhuck
19th March 2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks all
I have had all types of problems with glow plugs, glow plug light flashing, not starting etc. Sourced glow plugs rom Online Auto Parts,Qld $120. Fitted them, still would not start, pulled pre glow relay and tested it. NOTHING. Discovered it was burnt out. 2nd hand one from wreckers now going like a charm,
I was on a roll.
Decided to fit rear pads Right piston would not retract After about 1 hour I convinced it to behave, good now the left, well should have left it alone The whole caliper was frozen and not working After 2 hours all was free & working
Time for a beer
About 4 ks from home heat guage nearly off the planet, steam coming from under the bonnet. Big B#%#^. The top of the radiator where the top hose fits had broken off.Left it where it stopped
This is where the fire & theft part of insurance policy would come in handy. Got a lift home, NOW for a beer, up for $150 for a new top tank. Time for more beer.

Love the theory mate. Beer more beer

Bigrig
19th March 2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks all
I was on a roll.
Time for a beer

So a good day all in all? LOL ... gives you the sh!ts when it happens mate - you start it, and before you know it, your knee deep in the brown stuff and can't pull out.

Good luck with getting it sorted mate, but you have taken the right approach and are pondering the next steps over a coldie!!!

wildgu6
19th March 2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks all
I was on a roll.
Time for a beer

Just one of those days when the more beer approach should be coupled with a deck chair and a mobile mechanic.
Feel for ya buddy, think we've all had those days. Good to see you are got it sorted Noss, Looks like you got the comp' gizmo thingy up to speed too. Good work, Have another beer mate. Cheers :cheers:

Mr Noss
19th March 2011, 03:51 PM
Malcolm Frazier once said that "life was not meant to be easy"
Obviously he owned a PATROL

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:27 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul