PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Clipsal 500 or Melb GP

TPC
27th February 2015, 12:44 PM
Is anybody on here going to the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide this weekend or the Melbourne GP in 2 weeks time?

I am lucky enough to be going to both and really looking forward to them both.

Winnie
27th February 2015, 12:46 PM
I want to go to the Clipsal to see the Stadium Super Trucks.

threedogs
27th February 2015, 01:13 PM

Now there is some serious wheel travel.
I'll watch both on TV,,,, fridge is close by

TPC
27th February 2015, 01:27 PM
Now there is some serious wheel travel.
I'll watch both on TV,,,, fridge is close by

You don't get the full experience watching it on TV.
You will need to pump some tyre smoke and fuel vapour through the house to make it seem like you are there. :)

TPC
27th February 2015, 01:29 PM

They do look impressive, wish I was there today instead of working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVJsk4fpFQg

threedogs
27th February 2015, 04:09 PM
Bit of a fan of Marcos Ambrose , been 10 yrs since he drove V8s, but
is very well backed by Pensci Racing so hope he does well , he's a very clean driver in my eyes

jay see
27th February 2015, 05:27 PM
Bit of a fan of Marcos Ambrose , been 10 yrs since he drove V8s, but
is very well backed by Pensci Racing so hope he does well , he's a very clean driver in my eyes

I've got a soft spot for Marcus.
While my wife was pregnant with our eldest, we couldn't settle on a name.
They were interviewing Marcos Ambrose and I yelled out " what about Marcus " and that was settled.

Used to go to clipsal per kids with a mate. Main straight grandstand seats.
Ahhh those days.....

Oops, pre not per.

Dhuck
28th February 2015, 08:19 AM
I'll be at the GP. 4 days 5 nights all payed for all I have to take is me, clothes and spending money. Never been to Melbourne.

TPC
28th February 2015, 08:33 AM
I'll be at the GP. 4 days 5 nights all payed for all I have to take is me, clothes and spending money. Never been to Melbourne.

Good score, how did you get that?

threedogs
28th February 2015, 10:18 AM
just watching a replay of the Bathurst 12hr lap times are around 2min 5 sec.
When I went in 72 as a pup times were about 2min 35sec for the GTHO's
I think the V8 super cars do it around 2min 20secs.
Looking forward to seeing how Marcus Abrose goes and Mc luaghlin what ever his name is
the young Volvo driver

threedogs
28th February 2015, 10:22 AM

Dont forget a thick coat, your swimmers, cough mixture ,suntan oil, umbrella, gumboots and thongs
shorts ,sandles. long work pants and work boots, thats saturday taken care of ,,,no Sunday,,,,,,,,LOL

Dhuck
28th February 2015, 10:58 AM
Good score, how did you get that?
A good loving brother is paying for it. He just wanted his big bro to go to the GP with him

Dont forget a thick coat, your swimmers, cough mixture ,suntan oil, umbrella, gumboots and thongs
shorts ,sandles. long work pants and work boots, thats saturday taken care of ,,,no Sunday,,,,,,,,LOL

Was thinking of taking a huge luggage bag, but the bro said I had to keep it small. lol

Can probably organize meeting up with peeps while down there if anyone wants.

threedogs
28th February 2015, 05:14 PM
Great save by Wincup on turn 8 at 250 klicks, rear left delaminated very lucky but great save
Not my favorite driver but cudos where they are due

Drewboyaus
28th February 2015, 06:17 PM
I'm going to the Malaysian GP!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

TPC
28th February 2015, 07:07 PM
Great day at the track today but I amso pissed
Staying to Se zep boysin concert ow

dads tractor
1st March 2015, 11:00 AM
The Stadium trucks are great entertainment !all on u tube for those interested.

threedogs
1st March 2015, 11:16 AM
They normally race around an oval track dont they,
awesome wheel travel but,,,,,,,

TPC
1st March 2015, 11:50 AM
Apparently they have cars here too

dads tractor
1st March 2015, 11:50 AM
No on a dirt circuit with jumps (short course) and out on long course ie Baja, Although some of the circuits are ovals if pressed for space. Gallard driving the Peter Kittle car is a regular at the Finke and has won it outright awesome engineering in these thing up .close

dads tractor
1st March 2015, 11:55 AM
TPC the blonde reporter last year from 7 would steal the show from them and cheeky to go with it .

threedogs
1st March 2015, 12:12 PM
The Kittles own Alice dont they lol
Marcos Ambrose qualifies for top 10 shoot out, yooo hooo

dads tractor
1st March 2015, 12:39 PM
3 dogs dealership wise yeah ,Pete worked hard and smart for what he,s got and his cuz is Rhodes that also runs cars in the Finke .

threedogs
1st March 2015, 02:39 PM
When I lived there the old man had the Godfrey style store in town and
one of the son's ran the Honda/Volvo car dealership where I worked as a bike mechanic.

See their not showing the Stadium Trucks live bummer must be on PFV

TPC
1st March 2015, 02:59 PM
The trucks were brilliant one of them rolled just before finish and got back on his wheels and kept going

Winnie
1st March 2015, 03:06 PM
The trucks were brilliant one of them rolled just before finish and got back on his wheels and kept going

That's awesome. Wish they were on telly.

Clunk
1st March 2015, 09:20 PM
Yay now I can be thankful for Fox sports, Grand Prix next week..... Haven’t watch it for a couple of years

TPC
2nd March 2015, 10:44 AM
I am happy that I am going to Melbourne next week on Thursday for the GP weekend but sad that I am going to miss the main race as I have to fly to Vegas on the Sunday morning but I am happy that I am going to Vegas. Just hope I can watch the GP on the plane.

happygu
2nd March 2015, 11:26 AM
I am happy that I am going to Melbourne next week on Thursday for the GP weekend but sad that I am going to miss the main race as I have to fly to Vegas on the Sunday morning but I am happy that I am going to Vegas. Just hope I can watch the GP on the plane.

No live TV on any plane I have been on yet, so I think you will miss out ......

Years ago I thought the same when I was on international coming back to Australia when the AFL Grand Final was on, but you could only watch ''taped'' shows on the entertainment screens

Winnie
2nd March 2015, 12:05 PM

Hard life hey Tony!

TPC
2nd March 2015, 12:52 PM
No live TV on any plane I have been on yet, so I think you will miss out ......

Years ago I thought the same when I was on international coming back to Australia when the AFL Grand Final was on, but you could only watch ''taped'' shows on the entertainment screens

Bugger....

happygu
2nd March 2015, 12:55 PM
Bugger....

That's what I thought too ...... :frown:

TPC
2nd March 2015, 12:57 PM
Hard life hey Tony!

Yea it is hard, Vegas and Chicago are all work as I have to go to two conferences.
I also have to slum it in the Aria and I am being forced to do exotic car racing and attend a Chicago Bulls basket ball game in a corporate box.

Bloody hard life.;)

threedogs
13th March 2015, 11:37 AM
The F1 cars are on the track for their first shake down session, plenty of Politics with Sauber

TPC
13th March 2015, 02:42 PM
The V8s had their first race if you can call it a race, as it is not for points nobody seemed interested in racing and just drove around the track.

threedogs
13th March 2015, 03:02 PM
not much to see on the TV mainly tech talk about the F1

threedogs
13th March 2015, 04:10 PM
Daniel Richardo out of this practice with a blown motor GGGGRRRRRrrrrrr

TPC
13th March 2015, 04:24 PM
Very frustrating, hardly seen Ricardo today.

threedogs
13th March 2015, 04:29 PM
Vettel, Hamilton and Raikonen are P1,2,3 so far this session

billyj
14th March 2015, 08:27 PM
yep gonna be there tomorrow after a mate scored a few free tickets :)

the v8 guys dont take it seriously, its just a big test session

Bob
15th March 2015, 08:23 AM
Daniel has fought his way back to be 7th on the Grid but on times he will be hard pushed to have a Podium finish.

threedogs
15th March 2015, 08:47 AM
Agree D Richardo has had no lap time at all must be very frustrating for him and Red Bull.

threedogs
15th March 2015, 03:56 PM
After a crepe start [crash on first corner] it seems they
are settling in for the run to the finish line.
DR is doing OK and saving tyres according to commentators

threedogs
15th March 2015, 05:08 PM
All over boring as watching paint dry, oh yeah Lewis Hamilton won , our Daniel came in sixth

macca
15th March 2015, 05:17 PM
All over boring as watching paint dry, oh yeah Lewis Hamilton won , our Daniel came in sixth

Gave up half way through, it's a speed trial not a race, boring as bat crap. I really enjoy racing, this was just a procession, they should have stayed in the parade lap cars at least Dan was first in that!

threedogs
15th March 2015, 05:39 PM
Agree boring as, Mark Webber called it in the pre race , saying it wont be a show and thats what PPl want to see a show.
The big man ARNIE stole the show on the podium saying "I'll be back" classic Glod

macca
15th March 2015, 06:21 PM
Saw that, thought he was going to waffle on and lose the plot. He didn't and was a grin. Dropped the "line" at the right moment, he's a legend.

billyj
15th March 2015, 08:51 PM
boring as hell race, best sounding car was the minardi 2 seater whichis still 2003? spec. the new cars a quiet and just dont get eh crowd going

MEGOMONSTER
15th March 2015, 09:08 PM
Pretty shitful sound now, but a 350kph 1.6litre engine out of an Hyundai Excel is pretty good.

Drewboyaus
15th March 2015, 10:06 PM
boring as hell race, best sounding car was the minardi 2 seater whichis still 2003? spec. the new cars a quiet and just dont get eh crowd going

They have to do something about that. Screaming V8's and V10's were awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

pearcey
18th March 2015, 09:08 PM
Just got back from working race communications at the F1 in Melbooooringbourne.
Wish I`d known you were going to be there Tony as we could have caught up.
The FA/18 display was the best I`ve seen at any race, so low you read the instruments and the inverted pass was fantastic
Went to a dinner put on by the AGPC for company's who have been involved with the Australian GP for the last 20years and hand a ball( our company has done all 31 GP`s. The boss received a great book on the history of GP`s in Aust) I enjoyed my 4 weeks there but the race was a bit disappointing as it`s suppose to the the pinnical of motor sport .

TPC
18th March 2015, 09:15 PM
Just got back from working race communications at the F1 in Melbooooringbourne.
Wish I`d known you were going to be there Tony as we could have caught up.
The FA/18 display was the best I`ve seen at any race, so low you read the instruments and the inverted pass was fantastic
Went to a dinner put on by the AGPC for company's who have been involved with the Australian GP for the last 20years and hand a ball( our company has done all 31 GP`s. The boss received a great book on the history of GP`s in Aust) I enjoyed my 4 weeks there but the race was a bit disappointing as it`s suppose to the the pinnical of motor sport .
I did wonder if you would be there and thought you would see this thread, I should have called you or sent a PM.
Youre right about the FA/18, that was the highlight of the event.

macca
20th March 2015, 09:17 AM
Now no German race, poor old Bernie must have found another way to gouge a few million from someone.

billyj
20th March 2015, 09:21 PM
dont get me wrong was still a fun day out with the boys but wouldnt be going if id had to pay for a ticket, we were on the hill just before the chicane on the back straight. was good fun pinching tables to stand on until security came a ruined it for everyone lol. oh and hats of to whoever supplied the tables we had about 15 blokes standing on one and it held even with the crazy finish guys jumping around

pearcey
20th March 2015, 09:44 PM
billyj I had 2 4day passes to give away and I`ve still got them. I am lucky enough to work there with access everywhere and this year the whole event was disappointing, apart from the aerial displays which were the best I have seen, the rest was very slow and dare I say boring. The best day is always Wednesday when they do the safety car and medical chase car tests
But even these guys were tame compared to last year, where at turn 3 the medi station wagon actually got halve a car under the coupe chase car and both had the ABS working overtime. When the tyres and brakes went away they were still hitting turn 3 sideways, with speeds in-excess of 120kph