PDA

View Full Version : getting a new phone

rusty_nail
26th February 2015, 08:30 PM
so im getting a new phone, as i have broken the screen 3 times on my nexus 4, even with a good covoer to protect it. even with a tiny crack the screen stops working. so anyway, what are peoples thoughts in this phone?

http://www.kyoceramobile.com/brigadier/

Clunk
26th February 2015, 08:55 PM
Will have a proper look when I get home on me lappy

Winnie
26th February 2015, 09:10 PM
Looks pretty cool though

rusty_nail
26th February 2015, 09:11 PM
for those of you who cbf following the link here is the info:
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55500&d=1424943683

rusty_nail
26th February 2015, 09:12 PM
also its endorsed by the man himself so its gotta be good haha

boots
26th February 2015, 09:17 PM
Looks cool Nic . That brand of phone though the earlier ones I thought their " ease of use " was terrible but that was before smartphone tec. Whole new ballgame now.

NissanGQ4.2
26th February 2015, 09:35 PM
Is it flame or bomb proof?

Cause I need one that meets that criteria

If not a crapple so is a winner in my books :)

Clunk
26th February 2015, 09:50 PM
It would appear to be adequate enough.

http://www.cnet.com/products/kyocera-brigadier/

BigRAWesty
26th February 2015, 09:53 PM
It's been grillzed!!!! Must be the best survival gadget on earth.
I'd be surprised if it doesn't give you a BJ too..

Heavyweight
26th February 2015, 10:02 PM
Like "Bear" himself, it probably only works if you have a full film,safety,medical team with you, you then ask them to work the phone for you.....maybe it comes with a set of "Bear" endorsed knives....

If you can get it at that $99 dollar deal, then why not, better than somwhere between $400 and $1000 for the other leading phones.

rusty_nail
26th February 2015, 10:10 PM
Like "Bear" himself, it probably only works if you have a full film,safety,medical team with you, you then ask them to work the phone for you.....maybe it comes with a set of "Bear" endorsed knives....

If you can get it at that $99 dollar deal, then why not, better than somwhere between $400 and $1000 for the other leading phones.

It's 399 US and I just want something that won't break easily. I have broken every screen on the last 5 phones I have had I guess the repeating problem is screens aren't tough enough for my clumsy ass

BigRAWesty
26th February 2015, 10:45 PM
It's 399 US and I just want something that won't break easily. I have broken every screen on the last 5 phones I have had I guess the repeating problem is screens aren't tough enough for my clumsy ass

I feel your pain. Don't buy a Sony Xperia.
They are shit.

When I upgrade soon I'll be downsizing.
Probably to an s4 mini. Or s5 mini if it's out by then.
I have no need for a 6' screen on my phone. And what a head fark to keep in your pockets.

lucus30
26th February 2015, 10:49 PM
They are shit.

I have no need for a 6' screen on my phone. And what a head fark to keep in your pockets.

The xperia z3 is an awesome phone and I love mine however having said that I'm not sure about their durability and would make me think about getting another for that reason alone

BigRAWesty
26th February 2015, 10:54 PM
The xperia z3 is an awesome phone and I love mine however having said that I'm not sure about their durability and would make me think about getting another for that reason alone

Ow for sure. Was a stunning phone. Screen was crystal clear. Was lighting fast. Great sound. And easy to use.

But when your kid breaks the second one in 4
Weeks by simply sitting on it. It's not so good.
And then it was down hill. Screen just started shattering. De laminating. And then I'd assume
Due to dust ingress the speakers started failing.

So back to the crapple 5 till End of March.

Clunk
26th February 2015, 11:06 PM
They are shit.

Not only are they smaller in size, they're also smaller in ability........ Didn't know there was a phone out there that had a 6' screen, no wonder you have trouble with carrying it in your pocket, which must be huge and your back must be absolutely stuffed, what with all that weight........

Clunk
27th February 2015, 01:05 AM
screens aren't tough enough for my clumsy ass

I'm not even gonna ask mate, you can keep your alternative lifestyle to yourself thanks

BigRAWesty
27th February 2015, 06:23 AM
Not only are they smaller in size, they're also smaller in ability........ Didn't know there was a phone out there that had a 6' screen, no wonder you have trouble with carrying it in your pocket, which must be huge and your back must be absolutely stuffed, what with all that weight........

Yea totally agree. But with a 10' tab and lappy at home the phone is now less of a surfing tool and more of just a phone.

A few games for those long nights and the forum app to keep up to date easily.

Currently using wife's old crapple 5. The s4 is smaller than this, so if the s5 is out and the same size it'll be my choice.

taslucas
27th February 2015, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE="biggqwesty;583506
And then it was down hill. Screen just started shattering. De laminating. And then I'd assume
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you're not ment to sit on them! Also when it comes to speakers (bearing in mind the xperia is waterproof therefore dust proof) a lot of trouble is had when guys in the metal industry keep them in their pockets or close to their work as heaps of tiny metal fragments are attracted to the magnetic speakers and wiggle their way deeper into the speaker. I used to get a small magnet and "suck" the speaker holes clean.
A mate of mine keeps his in a zip lock bag while in the workshop... Not real good for phone calls but can use the touch screen

taslucas
27th February 2015, 08:13 AM

I'm pretty sure you'r not ment to sit on them! Also when it comes to speakers (bearing in mind the xperia is waterproof therefore dust proof) a lot of trouble is had when guys in the metal industry keep them in their pockets or close to their work as heaps of tiny metal fragments are attracted to the magnetic speakers and wiggle their way deeper into the speaker. I used to get a small magnet and "suck" the speaker holes clean.
A mate of mine keeps his in a zip lock bag while in the workshop... Not real good for phone calls but can use the touch screen

rusty_nail
27th February 2015, 09:52 AM
I'm not even gonna ask mate, you can keep your alternative lifestyle to yourself thanks

yeah yeah get stuffed mate haha. besides i didnt suggest it, the missus did!

Clunk
27th February 2015, 10:35 AM
Yea totally agree. But with a 10' tab and lappy at home the phone is now less of a surfing tool and more of just a phone.

A few games for those long nights and the forum app to keep up to date easily.

Currently using wife's old crapple 5. The s4 is smaller than this, so if the s5 is out and the same size it'll be my choice.

Wow 10', do you have a truck to carry that around for you?

Clunk
27th February 2015, 10:38 AM
yeah yeah get stuffed mate haha. besides i didnt suggest it, the missus did!

Oh I'm sure she did...... "hi honey, fancy a game of phone hide and seek? You can go first." x

Winnie
27th February 2015, 10:39 AM
Wow 10', do you have a truck to carry that around for you?

Haaahahahahahahah! Cotton on Kallen!!!